5.5G aio style pico. (warning very long and pic heavy first post)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by picoreefguy, Mar 8, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

I'm really interested in this… wheres the updated pics??

4. picoreefguy

picoreefguy Bristle Worm

ill snap some more pics when i get off work this afternoon around 3 or 4

5. picoreefguy

picoreefguy Bristle Worm

finally we have sand! this sand is much more coarse than i thought it would be. but it turns out its a blessing in disguise because its harder to blow around than the smaller grained stuff. i will however be selling the rest of this bag bacause i want to use a finer sand in my 40 breeder. there are a couple new corals in the tank as well a frag of acans, a small head of frogspawn, and some more zoas. and today i added a pair of sexy shrimp. the green clown goby has just vanished into thin air.i did my waterchange last wednesday and he was there and just fine before and after the wc. the next day i check on the tank and hes gone i lifter out the rockwork pulled out the pump and heater, pulled out the filter floss and carbon/phosgaurd bag and he was no where to be found. the only thing i didnt remove was the matrix and theres no way he got under it.
    heres a few pics the first is an fts with no lights. and the rest have lights

fts no lights
    [​IMG]

fts with lights
    [​IMG]

lobo i just added
    [​IMG]

blasto. ive never seen another one like this. the center is purple and the outside is a teal kind of color.
    [​IMG]

6. picoreefguy

picoreefguy Bristle Worm

by the way sorry it took so long to update. i spend most of my time on my local forum and end up neglecting this one.

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

looks great! love that blasto