40gal long sump build

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by bje, Jan 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

added a handful of chaeto from my LFS (has some other little bits of macros in the clump as well). i have to check the macroalgae index to figure out what they are. definitely some grape caulerpa in there

2. Click Here!

3. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

sorry, got your build mixed up with CrazyA's, he's working on his plumbing so he can test out the bean-animal overflow system he built.

4. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

5. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

so today i noticed the center baffle between the skimmer/return chambers was not right. yeah the acrylic did not hold so well with the silicone. guess ill have to swap that with a glass baffle

6. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

so i ran with no center baffle for a couple weeks because i didnt have the time to finish the project. today i pulled out all the baffles, cut out all the silicone in the 40gal, resiliconed the entire thing in aquarium sealant (yes i paid a pretty f'n penny for it), and have started putting in baffles again. changing around the design a bit to accommodate for more backflow during a power outage. also added another baffle in the return chamber to reduce bubbles from the fuge.