40g breeder frag plumbed into 75 gal sump

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Toallhisdoom, Jun 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

You should definitely put a cuc in there. The pepper may peck at your baby frags, but not all of them do that

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

hmm alright then. so for a cuc what would you recommend?

4. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Reefcleaners Custom crew, fill out an inquiry and tell John thats its for a frag tank.

5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Standard mix. assortment of snails. I just wanted to warn you that the eggcrate goes through a weird gha stage. Mine has been getting less and less, but it's still been a few month. And it comes back every time I clean it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

It kind of seems like as the rack covers in coralline that area quits growing the hair. Just weird that there is no problem algae anywhere else in the system but there.

7. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Better there than your dt. Maybe it will just cover in coralline and then you wont have any GHA

8. Click Here!

9. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Yeah, it's really no biggie but worth knowing to someone planning on building the same thing.

10. Toallhisdoom

oh i think i might just put live rock in there, get some nice flat pieces to use as frag "racks". and i wanna put a lion in the frag tank i decided :) hahaha

Antennata Lionfish

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I had thought about doing something like a dwarf lion, but realized I want to easily work in this tank so I didn't want anything to worry about, and if I ever do fill it with frags, there wouldn't be the right environment.

I would just go with something more simple. Or leave it now and wait till you have a problem fish and now you have a place to banish them to. My maroon was a bully, now she's got a boyfriend and they are happy owning the frag tank!

12. Toallhisdoom

yea thats the only thing i thought would suck if it stung me hahaha ah one can dream tho cant he?