40g breeder frag plumbed into 75 gal sump

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Toallhisdoom, Jun 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Its just setting up another DT with the sump you have already. anyone could do it, given the money and space.

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Oh yeah, and make sure your sump can handle the extra water on power outages. You will now have two tanks and more plumbing draining into the sump.

4. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

i have an ADHI 45 sump, and the baffles are cut down. It can hold 45 gallons. and probably only has about 20 in it at normal times. So that wont be a problem. And if i am going to get an overflow box i would not bother drilling a hole. Just get another one like i have on my 75. Up an over. Cheap. no cutting.

5. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

It will be when you have the power go out and water draining from your tank and the frag tank simultaneously into the sump.

I would drill its so easy, and you dont have to worry about siphons holding , prming, yada yada. Id never own a hob overflow. I dont trust em. all lfs around here use em, but i just could never be at ease knowing if it clogs, im screwed.

6. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

What's the price on that box... I doubt it's much less...

Sump size should be well more than enough. I have my 210 and a 40b draining into a 40breeder sump.

8. Click Here!

9. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

If you drill this 40B and do over flow and return your going to like it so much you will wish you 75 was drilled this way.

1 person likes this.
  10. Toallhisdoom

well i have my return lines with syphon breaks, so if power goes out, water only goes up in sump about an inch, when it has like 6-8 before it overflows.

and fine i will get the glass holes kit. lol ugh my gf is gonna be mad when i start spending money on another tank... hahaha

11. Toallhisdoom

and yea i really do hate my hob overflow... :/ cant really drill it when its already filled tho! haha

12. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

they throw some candy in the box when you order from glass-holes too.