40b peninsula

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by jbb_00, Jun 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jbb_00

jbb_00 Skunk Shrimp

yeah there is a 20L sump/fuge down below

2. Click Here!

3. lisa806?

lisa806? Plankton

calcium and ph

I have a 125 Gal. reef tank. I have so much trouble trying to stabilize the ph and calcium. I have a sump, each day I have to add a gal. of water due to evaporation. My ph will fall to 7.8 and if I raise the ph the calcium will drop, right now my ph is 7.8 and cal is 360. This is not enough. What can I do? Please help
    Thanks'
    Lisa

4. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

haha "the wife isnt reef safe" - yes id go with an ATO regardless if she was reef safe. its helped me tremendously. i was tired of coming home and seeing the water line low enough in the sump on a daily basis to cause the return pump to be spewing microbubbles.

my reefs been up since dec 09 so i dont have that much time into the hobby, but i will say that i have snails that made their way down the overflow into the sump. im considering putting a mesh screen small enough to allow pods through but not big enough to allow these snails through on the PVC going to the return pump. im concerned now that they got down there that they'll break my pump. figured id throw that in there... they "CAN" become an issue :)

5. jbb_00

jbb_00 Skunk Shrimp

thats exactly what I did, i have a plastic mesh screen in there where snails cant be an issue at all. i highly recommend doing it, also prevents snails from clogging a drain line causing a flood

6. jbb_00

jbb_00 Skunk Shrimp

few more pics . God I need a good camera ! Birthday coming up who's gonna get it for me ???? thanks in advance;D

Attached Files:

7. jbb_00

jbb_00 Skunk Shrimp

I know it has been a VERY long time since I have updated this thread. (sorry)

The inhabitants inside the tank are doing very well with the exception of my engineer goby who sadly decided to go carpet surfing when I was out of town. Then a few days ago I was doing some major maintenance on the tank, I noticed that the glass was bowing pretty badly. Not really wanting the "Bow Front" look I have decided to retire this tank and replace it with a 48x20x25 ~100gallon. I will be picking it up today and will begin the work of constructing this beast. I will warn you ahead of time THIS BUILD WILL BE A VERY SLOW PROCESS. I will be adding a sump room to my garage as well as dedicated electrical, so this will be more that just setting up a new tank. All livestock will have a temporary home until the build is complete, at which time they will be relocated to the final home. I have a couple of quick sketches of my plans, they were done on paint and will be converted to google sketch-up for a more professional look for the build thread. The full setup will include - 100g display - 40g sump - 20g Long refugium - ehiem 1262 return pump - reef octopus skimmer(s) - mp40 - k3's x 2 - BRS GFO reactor - BRS Carbon reactor - undecided controller.

The Fuge will sit above and behind the 40g sump , it will have its own return pump, and will drain through a CPR CS50 HOB overflow.

Here is a sneak peak of what is to come :

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

That plate corals is hysterical looking. Great acan garden.:)