40 Breeder LED Light!!!

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by Reef Breeders, Sep 28, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Soon, I will make sure you get one. The first 2 will ship immediatly, we ordered a couple for a custom order, but thought they would be perfect for a 40breeder. They come form the same manufacturer as the 96watt value fixture.

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

So, this light confuses me still..

Based on the way I'm reading the provided diagram -

You have Dimmer 1 going to 450nm
    You have Dimmer 2 going to 450nm, 520nm, 7500k, 480nm, 410nm, 630nm, 660nm (at least one led of every color)
    And Dimmer 3 is going to 450nm, 520nm, 7500k, 480nm, 410nm 630nm, 660nm (at least one led of every color)

I don't get it... What's the point of 3 dimmers if they dim the same colors?

4. jesmontb

jesmontb Flamingo Tongue

Great :) thank you, looking forward to it :)

5. jesmontb

jesmontb Flamingo Tongue

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe the third dimmer is meant to dim overall output

6. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I agree it is a little funky. Dimmer 3 just dims the center pucks, I'm assuming for central intensity reasons (SPS in the center?). Not having separate channels to dim colors individually makes this seem obsolete to me. All the big name guys have each color individually dimmable, not just for intensity reasons, but also so the customer can dial in the exact color he/she wants. That is a big plus to me.

7. Reef Breeders

Here is how it works: There are 3 drivers, one for the blues, one for colors and whites, and one for the center 2 pucks. The center pucks dim like this, to avoid having to custom order larger or smaller voltage drivers, thus making the light more expensive, and taking much longer to produce. The big names have different dimming, but keep in mind, a fixture with all of those features would cost $1000 for a 40 breeder, this is only $300, less than a third of the price, so it can't have all of the bells and whistles. We will certainly look into dimming them like our, other fixtures, but our manufacturer was adamantly against it. The color is still plenty adjustable, you can go anywhere from below 10k to quite a bit bluer than 20k., with the color being 14k with all dimmers at 100% percent. We could make a fixture with software like that, and with a pcb like that, but I personally find it a bit overboard, and the price would most certainly be higher. It was also suggested to put just colors and royal blues in the middle, but we found it much easier to dial in the color you want with a base output of around 14k.

8. Click Here!

9. Reef Breeders

And also, dimmer 2 does not control any 450nm LEDs, look at the placement of the channels, as well as the colors they control in the animation provided. For those of you who want the colors seperate, we do have another light that does just that, royal blues on one, cool whites on one, and colors on another ;) And look out for the SuperNova, which is coming soon, with pretty close to color specific dimming.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  10. jesmontb

jesmontb Flamingo Tongue

im good with this light setup =) haha seems to be perfect price and design for breeder

11. Reef Breeders

I snapped some pics today, it has enough par for sps all over, less light demanding sps on the edges, high light in the middle. The dimming is a little different, the blues and center 2 pucks are on the same dimmer, while the whites and colors on the outer 4 are on their own. We were able to get a 10k, 14k, and 20k effect without sacrificing much par.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jesmontb

jesmontb Flamingo Tongue

looks great =) tell me where to buy haha
    also, any recommendations for how high to place them? working on building my new canopy.