3reef's Get the Word Out! Video Contest

Discussion in '3reef's Get the Word Out! Video Contest' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Stay tuned.... Dolly might be making her Big Comeback!!!!!! ;D

How long is the max that the video can/should be? I've gotta learn some quick editing skills.......

2. Click Here!

3. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Hey Linda is back!

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Well, I believe YouTube has a 10 minute limit

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

yeah for a little while at least. hubby's back went out(last 3 weeks), then mother in law got put in hospital(valentines day). she got out today, but has to get her gallbladder out on Wed and hubby has surgery that day too. fweeeeew I get to sit for 10 min!

Pack, I don't think it'll be a10 min long video, and I'm trying to keep it just the right length to keep your attention!!

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Welcome back Linda!
    Yes YouTube videos can be 10 minutes and 1 gigabit in length now! 8)
    You don't have to worry about compression much now which is nice

I look forward to your video!
    Someone needs to step up and flip the lid on this contest soon! :)

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

All the video contests here have started slow. Once somebody steps up and posts one it tends to get others to do so. SOMEONE NEEDS TO STEP UP AND START THIS THING. :)

THat said, I may extend the date. Although I made this annoucement with a month before the deadline was due.

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Just to let every one know. When you put together a video on youtube, if you put music in it, it has to be from there new "pre-approved list". EVEN IF IT IS ORIGINAL MUSIC CREATED BY YOU. I literally just discovered this tonight. I just had a few of my videos removed, and a lot of them were original works. Very disappointing. Its a pain to deal with and I would hate to have this happen to someone say while voting was in progress. Just thought I would pass it along.

EDIT: Going through the dispute process, they explain that due to copyright problems, they are systematically going through videos and either blocking them or muting them if they have music that does not match their approved list. "It would be to technically difficult to verify if works are indeed original, therefore YouTube will be removing or muting any videos that contain any music that is not programmed with tracks available from YouTube"

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  10. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

I can't wait to see some of these. Won't be making one myself though. Where can I find cuttingras' first video. Sounds like something I would like to see.

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Don't be part of the problem! :)
    There are not many rules on this one and you don't have to be in it. Just be creative. It's a nice skimmer! Get on it. :) You can see cutting's old video in the archive boards.

This is crazy and it's stated pretty clearly in their copyright page that original music is ok?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I wonder if they'll mute Matt's little song in his video :eek: