3reef Your Favorite Aquarium Contest

Discussion in 'Holiday Lights Contests' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Beautiful tank. Definatly a few steps up from the average fish bowl.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

What a great start!

Of course.

And if someone posts your favorite tank first, post your 2nd favorite tank, etc.. everybody has more than one it seems. :)

Love these tanks. Thanks all! :cool3:

matt

4. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

OK my link counts because his build thread has tons of pics?. The one I posted was my favorite fowlr, my favorite tank I do not know of yet.

5. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

OregonReef

"The tank’s dimensions are 72w X 30h X 90d. It is constructed entirely ( top, bottom, and sides) of 1” thick clear acrylic, with the exception of the sides which are 1” thick black acrylic. The side panels are constructed from black acrylic to visually minimize this area and to eliminate the reflection properties of clear acrylic. The rear panel is made from clear acrylic to facilitate its cleaning since a clean rear panel was a prerequisite for achieving the illusion of infinite depth."

For all the information about this tank visit his site at: Oregonreef.com

And for tons more pics visit: Oregonreef.com

For larger pic click on thumbnail:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Hey good pick, adicus! I was looking for that tank. I hadn't realized I forgot to bookmark it! lol.

7. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Hands down best tank ive ever seen.

8. Click Here!

9. Tmobo

Tmobo T-Rev

Fish Tank of July '08 at The Age of Aquariums - Tropical Fish

I like this one because it is so colorful yet so natural

Steve Weast's 3200 L Reef Aquarium.
    Owner: Steve Weast, from Oregon, USA.
    Setup: 2004.
    Dimensions: 183x229x76 cm.
    Volume: 3200 L (nominal).
    Water: Density 1026, Temp 25.0-26.0°C, pH 8.05-8.3, KH 9-10, Ca 420 ppm, Mg 1300 ppm, PO4 0, NO3 0.
    Fish: (4) bi-color antias (Pseudanthias bicolor), (2) bartlett anthias (Pseudanthias bartlettorum), (6) blue hippo tangs (Paracanthurus hepatus), (1) powder blue tang (Acanthurus leucosternon), (1) chocolate surgeonfish (Acanthurus pyroferus), (1) purple tang (Zebrasoma xanthurum), (4) percula clowns (Amphipirion percula), (10) green chromis (Chromis viridis), (2) black saddle clowns (Amphipirion polymnus), (10) margarite damsels (Dascyllus marginatus), (1) golden angel (Centropyge aurantia), (1) choati wrasse (Macropharyngodon choati), (1) peppermint hog (Bodianus sp.), (1) christmas wrasse (Halichoeres biocellatus), (1) leopard wrasse (Macropharyngodon bipartitus), (1) rabbitfish (Siganus virgatus), (1) Flame boxfish (Anoplocapros lenticularis), (5) Schooling bannerfish (Heniochus diphreutes).
    Invertebrates: (6) fire shrimp (Lysmata debelius), (6) skunk cleaner shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis), (20) turbo snails (Turbo fluctuosus), (2) serpent starfish (Ophioderma squamosissimum).
    Other Details: See website.

10. lynnmw1208

lynnmw1208 Skunk Shrimp

My favorite aquarium is D2mini's cube. I'm not sure if he's on this forum or not, but his tank was so nice it was used on the ecotech's website as he's running radions now. He is running 3 radions and the tank looks as stunning as ever!

What I love about this tank is the spread of color and the way it is set up in the middle of his room. It is nice to be able to walk around the whole tank. What's even cooler is his vortechs are on his overflow because it was custom built to have a dry side in front of the wet side. Everything about his build was very well thought out. It is so aesthetically pleasing on the eyes as well :) I could only dream of my tank looking this good some day!

[​IMG]

Link to his build thread.
    d2mini's 130g Rimless Cube - Reef Central Online Community

11. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

David Saxby's Reef Aquarium
    Aquariums - David Saxby's Reef Aquarium (extended version) - YouTube

400 fish from a variety of groups: Angelfish (Dwarf), Anthias, Basslets, Blennies, Cardinalfish, Clownfish, Chromis and Damselfish, Dragonets, Gobies, Hogfish, Jawfish, Rabbitfish, Surgeonfish, Triggerfish and Wrasse.

Hard Corals: Acanthastrea sp., Acropora sp., Alveopora sp., Blasstomussa sp., Catalaphyllia sp., Caulastrea sp., Echinophyllia sp., Euphylia sp., Exaesa sp., Favia sp., Funghia sp., Goniopora sp., Heliopora sp., Hydnophora sp., Leptoseris sp., Lobophyllia sp., Millepora sp., Montipora sp., Montrastrea sp., Pachyseris sp., Pavona sp., Platygyra sp., Plerogyra sp., Pocillopora sp., Porities sp., Scolymia sp., Stylophora sp., Trachyphylia sp., Tubastraea sp., Turbinaria sp.

Soft corals: Actiniaria sp, Cladiella sp., Clavularia sp., Parazoanthus sp., Porifera sp, Sinularia sp, Tubipora sp., Xenia sp., Zoantharia sp.

Tank Dimensions: 120'' x 78'' x 60'' x 39'' x 60'' x 39'' x48''deep (L shaped tank)

Tank Volume: 1,200 gallons
    System Volume: 3,700 gallons

Here is a link with much more information and beautiful pictures of the tank: David Saxby | January 2007 Tank of the Month | UltimateReef.Com

This tank is truely breathtaking! What I love about it is the vast variety of species of corals and fish as well as the HUGE size of the tank.
    Awesome Contest!
    JJL

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  12. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

I'm sorry to say but my favorite tank build i actually found on a different forum, I hope I don't get in trouble for this lol

Adee's new build - Reef Central Online Community

Its actually mostly lit by natural sunlight 8 months out of the year and the growth in it was phenominal, everything was built by the guy himself and its one of the nicest looking systems IMO. look into the thread for more info

Week 1
    [​IMG]

Currently
    [​IMG]

theres plenty more awesome pictures in the thread but I thought those 2 picture would be great examples....his system is a total volume of 660g, main tank 317g, nursery/frag tank 160g and two sumps one with ~800lbs of LR, and one with a very deep sand bed...everything was built from scratch from the tanks to the algae scrubber

this is my favorite tank because it was done all by the reefer everything from scratch and uses sunlight as its main source of light with awesome outcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.