3reef vs other reef sites

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Prince_Namor, Apr 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ladderman155

Ladderman155 Astrea Snail

This is by far my favorite site. A few other sites people acted rude and like they were better. Im just trying to learn everything and get into the hobby.

2. Click Here!

3. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Huh,I didn't even know there was other reef forums! :cheesy: lol
    3reef is the best.I've learned most everything I know from this great site,it's great members and the great staff.K+ to Matt for even letting 3reef exist.;)

Don

1 person likes this.
  4. hasek1639

hasek1639 Fire Shrimp

i love 3reef i joined reef central cause my local club is there but they were just rude and mean and very closed minded so oh well no more locals. I love the family feeling of 3reef. I will be a 3reefer for life.

5. Coral_Greef

Coral_Greef Astrea Snail

As a member of about a week I am overwhelmed with the nature of 3reef. Everyone is extremely helpful and for someone who's experience in salt water tanks began about 3 months ago when I sat in front of my brothers new tank for 2 hours (I got him to sign up at 3reef last night when he called me about something unexpected and unidentifiable growing in his tank) its been fatastic. No question is too stupid, I never feel I need to shy away from asking a questions others might consider basic.

3rd day I was on here some unknown young lady sent me a private messege to congratiulate me about getting started and recommended a Reef CLub in my local area. Noone made her do it. Classy.

3reef for life.

6. prototyp3

prototyp3 Plankton

I haven't posted much yet, but I've read quite a bit here. This forum definitely seems more approachable. I haven't detected any of that elitist vibe that's pretty common on others.

7. ZepQuarium

ZepQuarium Spaghetti Worm

1) Good flashy yet effective layout (some other sites are still using old school forum systems)

2) Nice choice of sub-forums... not too many, but each one also has some lee-way.

3) People are helpful... And I thought you guys might enjoy my Crazy Led-Zepquarium!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Heh, John Bonham in the BG, watching yer fish in spirt form....cool.

10. Raudrive

Raudrive Astrea Snail

This has been a great place to learn, very helpful bunch here.

Another thing is the member age spread. It is good to see all ages participating and given respect.

Thanks,
    Rick

11. Zeyphon

Zeyphon Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I've gotten a much better vibe from the community here from other sites, especially from another especially large one with an "established status quo" and overzealous mods...