3reef vs other reef sites

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Prince_Namor, Apr 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. french5

french5 Astrea Snail

I mainly lurk and gather information, I joined 3reef after doing several searches for saltwater info online and 3reef was consistently the most helpful with specific issues. It seemed to have the easiest info to use because there wasn't any petty bickering going on between members when someone new asked a question.

I've never been a member of any other reef forum.

Sent from my Zio using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. Prince_Namor

Prince_Namor Astrea Snail

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

its a general term used when one or more than 1 person join a thread
    in order to criticise someone in an unpleasant way

Steve

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Generally attacking the person you disagree with Vs debating the subject matter at hand.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  6. Prince_Namor

Same thing happened to me. It was crazy, the moderator followed me to several posts. He had to be like a 15 year old kid or something so I left the forum..... came back 6 years later posted for about three months then got a PM " You're still banned" Because you tried to trick us and get back on here: ban lift date: never". The original infraction was I asked a "stupid question", and when 3 of the posters told me I needed to go to the new section, because posters like me were getting on their nerves, I replied " okay let me make a note somewhere not to post on the threads of Grumpy old bastards"....;D They were buddies with one of the mods. Now the mod has a personal 6 year vendetta against me........ Okay I was a little out of line, But all I asked was could I put two yellow tangs and a powder blue in a 125 gallon, the response was not warranted....

1 person likes this.
  7. Prince_Namor

Okay so they "Flammed" me LOL :eek:

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

LOL, and that, they do very often.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

10. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Definitely have come to like it here over other forums. I used to haunt another forum that also sold "saltwaterfish" cough (.com) cough. If you weren't part of the normal click then you were pretty much bashed & every question asked was 'go read a faq'. Too bad there isnt a way to completely delete myself from there.

A great wealth of information here & people really work with you for the good of the hobby imo.

11. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Well, other than teasing coralline ;) It's nice to remember whos, who, and not always feel like your communicating with a random stranger every post. Its also just a really friendly group of hobbyists who enjoy discussing the hobby with each other, regardless of their level of experience. I've never felt like an outsider trying to talk to people with some sort of weird social structure or elitist mentality. Everyone welcomes every one and treats them with respect. Sometimes I have to catch myself and remember where I am, but as I get used to it, and let my guard down, I feel it's getting easier and easier to do the same. Anyways, hopefully others get have the same feeling; I suspect they do, certainly that seems to be the case from this thread anyways :).

12. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

I have never paid for a membership to a forum- ever, but I did here- that is how much I think of 3reef.

I just didn't like the way things were done else where- I despise preferential treatment, ie- favoritism, you wont find this here for the most part, don't get me wrong, every place has it's clicky crowd, I just avoid those persons.

I challenge you to find a better place to hang out as an aquarist. ;)

BTW, trust inwall- very knowledgeable, my fav mod here.