3reef vs other reef sites

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Prince_Namor, Apr 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

People (those that have the most posts) are less condescending and arrogant here. These people are more willing to have patience when answering redundant questions.

2. Click Here!

3. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

When I started this hobby 12 months ago I joined four different reef forums all at once. I posted in the "Welcome Section" of every different forum. I chose to stay with the site that I received the most responses in. I figured that forum had the nicest people.........It was this one.

1 person likes this.
  4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

How fitting given Matt Rogers is our fearless leader :)

I'm on countless forums, no joke, and I come back to 3Reef far more often then the rest and for good reason :)

5. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Oh, I also have to add that the moderators & site owner here are awesome. Not snotty or mean like some other places...THAT is why I don't feel I really have to watch everything I say without fearing an argument about nothing with a mod or site owner & getting banned! I've had a site owner agree with me & still want to argue with me twice on another forum. I just quietly leave the thread and avoid those he takes part in. It's crazy to have to post "in fear" LOL.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I too have joined multiple reef and fish forums, but this is my home and is by far the best. The others ignore you or get into flame wars on your thread.

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

3 reef is home. The only site I support, both financially and by wearing my 3reef gear. I'm a member of other sites but only post to one other and that is only to show those ppl (mods included) that I am successful even though I challenged "their ways" as a newbie.

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

There's also a lot of knowledge here. We have experts at worms, experts at snails, experts at scorpionfish, experts at RO/DI, experts at most areas at the hobby. The nice thing is that none of them are snooty about it.

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I agree with everything that has been said so far. I also subscribed to several reeling forums at my beginning, but 3reef really caught my eye with all the knowledgeable and extremely helpful members and moderating team. I never got flamed here, and god (and all 3reef) knows I've asked stupid questions.... more than once.

Respect! It's a great thing to get wherever u go, and 3reef will not only grant that to u.... it comes as well with a side of friendly people, great advice, wonderful knowledge and a definitive and unmistakable feeling of "being home".

Thanks 4 all this 3reef!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

11. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

I have to agree with what a lot of folks have said; 3reef has been friendly and helpful without being dogmatic and insulting.

I had a bad experience with that other place. I can't believe how willing people are to be rude to each other, how right people think they are, how little room they have for each other's thoughts, and how attached they get to silly rules without having any grasp of the underlying reasoning.

3reef has had none of that. People advise, assist, and discuss in an amazingly helpful way.

People really should try to learn the best ways to do things and we all are benefited by distinguishing the right way from the wrong way, but people that don't have the humility to recognize their fallibility are a real pain.

12. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I think the reason I'm here and not on other non-club forums is the atmosphere. I haven't read all the responses, but I would guess thats a najority answer.

I'm here and not on my local club forum because of the energy, though. That place is just dead compared to this.

Sent from a phone.