3reef Needs Your Help

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hello 3reefers -

Foremost, thank you for your continued support and making 3reef apart of your reefing lifestyle. It is truly appreciated and after all these years, continues to motivate me to make this a better place for all.

That said, as this site grows, the mods and I are taking on more and more.

Currently, as of today, we are actively splitting up regions of the site amongst us to be more effective in our moderation.

The last 2 years have been crazy for the mods and I. I have a demanding day job and a family now, And just this week, my kid just figured out the child-proofing on the aquarium. I'll just say Curtis should have a reality show and must have a mind of steel to take the curveballs he gets from work and life. Annick has a boy whose face met the coffee table this week yet deserves praise for a lot of daily moderation around here. Casey caught a weird bug that nearly took him out but he has battled back. Steve and Larry have stacked so many 10-12 hour days at their jobs lately I am hoping they can retire soon and be here full time.

So we need your help.

How you can help:

1) Stay on-topic.

I have seen a lot of chit-chat that have derailed threads that started out great. This is what the site is all about. If you are on page 20 of a thread talking about a concert, it is time to move on. If you really want to chat, use the chat bar if you are supporter, or PMs, etc.. Being on-topic keeps the thread relevant and helps people that are searching for answers. This is what the site is all about.

2) Use the 'Report Thread' button.

This feature is critical to make us aware of issues on the site. When you push the icon found below an avatar on a post - we are immediately notified. It is not possible to read every post, so using this is critical. * Please don't let things get to a boiling point personally! We are here to help. Help us by letting us know about trends, or issues.

I have a lot of great things in the works for 3reef. I have adjusted to being a Dad and I am actively working on an upgraded and improved just about everything around here that you will see before summer. I am very excited and feel like I am getting back to my roots when I was single spending my nights cranking out new 3reef tools and features almost every week it seemed.

So there are great things ahead. But we can't forget what got us this far. The family feel with great communication that helped our tanks, developed friendships and resulted in great content.

So as the mods and I are taking a moment to regroup, please take a moment to think about how you can help as well.

And thanks in advance.

matt

2. Click Here!

3. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

4. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Will do Matt!

Thanks again for having such a wonderful site!! *Stabs the like button to death* :D.

1 person likes this.
  6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Can do, Matt. Thank you (and moderators) for all your hard work on and around the forum.

7. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

8. Click Here!

9. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Thank you Matt for all you've done and continue to do. Same goes for all you Mods. Wouldn't feel like home without you all!! Now where's the DELETE button? Lol

10. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Thanks for all the work you put into this Matt, and the mods.;)

11. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Great concert the other night :lol:

Sorry Matt. I will do my best to stay on topic and keep reporting stuff :)

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Thanks for all your hard work Matt and of course the mods. You all do a great job keeping this site spam free, and it really shows. I will do my part to stay on topic, I have been slippy up lately.