3reef / ClamsDirect Raffle!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 10, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Craig was up early today.... 3 more members Yahoo

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

298 and just to more new members needed between now ans midnight, then we can start the one month posting qualification period!

4. tdevil

tdevil Feather Duster

wow, this is a great offer Berry and Beverly, i never win anything, but happy to contribute what i can to the mambers of 3reef;)

td

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[move]We are at 300 members now....Yahooo[/move]

Put in 20 post and the raffle begins..... stoked here.

6. Craig Manoukian

Well Iceman 30 put us over the top!

Congrats and thanks to all new members. This is just the beginning of many great prizes and raffles! Lots of things are in the works for 2004!

Matt Rogers will post the qualification rules and time period and we will also want to ensure thaat tour tank will be a suitable home for a new clam, so we will ask for Barry's guidance on that.

For all you new and old members, let's add 20 new posts in the next month and rock this house!

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Alright 300!!
    [smiley=beer.gif]  8) [smiley=biggrinbounce.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

I would like to thank all the new members for joining 3reef and making this a better place. We have a good crew here and seems like many of you have already settled right in. THat's so cool. :)

And thanks to Barry and Beverly for their cool donations too that made this raffle actually worth something. ;D I love clams, who doesn't? And once you plug this lamp in and turn off the other lights, you will use it everynight just like I have been. I love it. It's great!

So here's the deal. By the end of the week or so, I will have a script written that will pull our memberlist and print the winner on a page we can all watch in real time.  And I will throw a slicked up version of the shoutbox from the arcade in there so we can all hoot it up before we hit draw time.  [smiley=smoking.gif]  [smiley=hehe.gif] [smiley=grin2.gif]

I haven't done this before, but I think I can pull it off.  [smiley=biglaugh.gif] If not it will be along those lines anyway. So once I get that going, I will set the real-time countdown on it for .. let's say.. 3 days from then or 72 hours. Then I will post the URL here and add it to the navigation so we can go there and see how much time is left. When it hits zero, it will run the rest of the program and reload the page with the winner displayed.  ;D

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=General;num=1060548455;start=0#0 date=08/10/03 at 13:47:34]The only rules are that in order for your name to be entered in the drawing, you must be a 3reef member with at least 20 posts. That's it!
    [/quote]

Since I 'sold' this raffle as such, I will stick to these original rules. HOWEVER, taking your concerns into consideration, I will add some 'influence' or weight to those of you with recent posts into the logic used in the drawing process. It will still be more or less random.

If somebody wins that gave a bogus email address or they don't respond by the end of the following week, we redraw.

Sounds like I have another busy week ahead, but this will be great!!

WOw, we are over 300 already.. welcome 301!!  ALRIGHT!!

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Matt

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

10. Craig Manoukian

[red]Yippy skippy! Post away everybody![/red]

11. CowboyUp

CowboyUp Fire Worm

What a deal [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] ! I'm spreadin' 3reef.com everywhere! This is a cool site!

CowboyUp [smiley=cowboy.gif]

12. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Come to daddy ;D ;D ;D