3reef / ClamsDirect Raffle!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 10, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I didn't see Naut's reply, I agree with that concept, but for the next one. I think the board in the long run SHOULD have some policy about active and unactive members. Look at RDO, 100,000+ members, yah right. Thats one thing I like about Matts site, very little BS like that.

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Ok...

How 'bout this "Maxima"?

[​IMG]

Am getting new lights just for him.

Om

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Not under the rules being offerred now.  Up until a few days ago, I hadn't posted in quite a long time.  I go several months at a time with out posting.  Its not a disinterest thing, its a being too busy thing.  My plate is full and I'm not even hungary >:(.

Matt, I'm still not using the post reply box, I just know a few codes for them.  

Nice clam Omard, I'm pulling for yah buddy.

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Gresham,
    Thats why I suggested we email them and ask for them to become active again with 10 more posts. I don't see it as asking to much.
    You being a mod should be here every day no matter what, as it's not cool for a mod to ditch a site and come back at any time. Mods should set an example for the rest of us fishes.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=General;num=1060548455;start=105#113 date=01/08/04 at 16:12:53]Gresham,
    You being a mod should be here every day no matter what, as it's not cool for a mod to ditch a site and come back at any time. Mods should set an example for the rest of us fishes.[/quote]

This kind of stuff should be in PMs. Off topic too. :p

7. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey Matt does that little voice sound like Gollum if it does don't answer it! LOL! As far as the raffle goes I hate to disappoint anyone but I was here watching and posting long before I read the Raffle post! I don't cheat to win I was looking to get people more involved in posting not really worried about winning. Matt is right there are lessons learned here for the next time. As far as defending myself tone inflection and attitude are just as important as direction and bull in a china shop or not keeping a level head or even keel is important in a forum like this to keep people from flame wars that distract and I feel we are getting more people watching the give and take here rather than posting. Change the rule don't change the rule I offered a suggestion but it was only that.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Phil5613 link=board=General;num=1060548455;start=105#115 date=01/08/04 at 16:42:34]and bull in a china shop or not keeping a level head or even keel is important in a forum like this to keep people from flame wars that distract and I feel we are getting more people watching the give and take here rather than posting. [/quote]

Well said!

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Matt and I talked about this at the very beginning of the raffle and if you go back to Matt's initial post we are right on track with that statement.  We have discussed only minor modifications at this point and nothing has been finalized.  One shouldn't assume facts not in evidence such as things being changed, this is not the case.  Nobody is trying to feather their own nest, exclude anybody, or skew the raffle to favor any body.  That notion has no foundation.  

The intent was always, Matt correct me if I'm wrong, to not only gain membership, but increase the participation or posting of the membership, hence the twenty post minmum to qualify.  Adding a requirement for current posts from past members is completely in line with with the original intent of the rafffle.  We could just as easily decide to exclude moderators and administrators and ignore several of the last few posts in this thread! :) ;D

omard, thanks for posting a picture of the beautiful clam from ClamsDirect and bringing this thread back on topic.
    :) :) :)

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Super Craig hit the nail on the head again....

Good job.

12. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

285 Members leaves us with the magic number of 15!