3reef biggest looser contest?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by loneracer05, Sep 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

I could definitely get on board with this. Just wrecking my body in my youth doing stupid things and combined with a job that either has me behind a desk or behind the wheel I've gotten soft and round.

I don't know if I have a target loss in total number of pounds, hell I just want to lose 1 lb then I'll move on to the next target pound. Over-thinking weight loss and where I want to be in six months often defeats me from thinking about today, right now.

I think I need to lose as much as about half a dozen of you combined :lol:

2. Click Here!

3. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Definitely like the idea of the thread. K+

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Taking it one pound at a time is a good way to go.

5. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Distance running is staple of basic training. Better suck it on your own time now. Seriously, if you are sucking wind in basic, they single you out for more "attention".... not something you want.

Air Force, congrats. Won't say anything bad about the nice blue suiters... everyone serves. I was Navy.

M

1 person likes this.
  6. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

mabe well keep this open till tues nite then.first weigh in tues nite then every fri fallowing for2 months?

im doin this on the fly lol suggestions

7. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Thanks... I am actually doing mine with Doctor's supervision. Before the accident, I was 180lbs. Gained all the weight when I was sitting in a wheel chair... it has been 7 years of rehab and now I am finally cleared to start truly working out. Don't feel a bit sorry for me... I am thrilled to be where I am. No one thought I'd ever walk again much less work out again. Still, I HAVE to take it slow and build gradually. I WILL get there. Been through too much to stop now.

M

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Great attitude, we will all try to borrow it from you. Congrats on the improvement.

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Nasa geek, I am really impressed with your attitude and courage. Congrats on getting to where you are!! :)

11. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Thanks....

When I was in the hospital I wrote the 'Top Ten Reasons you know you are REALLY screwed up when you are in the hospital...'

I don't remember all ten but they included things like this....

Your family and friends are actually NICE to you and don't tease you...

You don't refer to 'your doctor', you refer to 'the orthopedic team, the hematology team, the neurology team, etc'

When you can map out star constellations on your arm from all the needle holes.

When you are getting x-rays and you hear the x-ray technican yell to his buddy, "Holy *&^%, come look at this one!!"

When doctors use terms like "obliterated, pulverized, etc." referring to your body parts.

When the nurses are worried you aren't using enough pain meds....

It was a great experience....

------------

To cheerlead for all of us. We can all reach our goals. It is just a series of good decision. Reef keeping takes consistency and discipline. Achieving weight loss goals take consistency and discipline. We each have what it takes to succeed. We just need to apply the same skills to yourselves in weight loss.

Instead of 3reef's mantra of 'take it slow, let it grow'... our weight loss mantra can be 'take it slow, make the weight go low'.

M

12. bama

bama Humpback Whale

What an Awesome idea. Im so in on this one..