3reef biggest looser contest?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by loneracer05, Sep 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Drink nothing but water, I changed my habits of drinking soda and sweet tea, that was so hard for me. and its paying off slowly but surely.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Excellent advise, cut back on caffeinated drinks also. The do help with your metabolism but they cause you to eliminate water more also. If you drink milk try to get where you drink skim milk.

4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Eh, there's no way I can cut out coffee. I will never get anything done if I don't. :lol: I can cut back in other areas though. I drink tons of water anyhow :)

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm in!! :) I want to tone up.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Cool as long as you replace what goes out you will be fine. I do the camel thing by not drinking enough water. Have to remind myself to drink water all the time.

7. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Which service are you planning on enlisting in??

First, thanks for serving.

Second, I am sure basic hasn't changed too much since I did it... you better get your running and push up endurance up pretty high BEFORE you go in.... You should be able to EASILY run 5-7 miles and do 100+ push ups straight for basic.... otherwise you are just making it harder on yourself. Much easier if you go in already in good shape.

M

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

My plan is to drop the 5lbs of fat and gain more weight in muscle. I miss playing many sports...

10. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

My plan is as follows:

Target no more the 1500 cal per day. Increase proteins, reduce sugars.
    Exercise every day approximately 60 minutes.

I was surprised how many "dumb" calories I was getting... a bottle of Gatorade... 160 cals... the "healthy" breakfast cerals have more cals than "good" ones.... Once I started paying attention, it has not been to painful to cut the calories.

Exercise is harder than I'd like... past injuries are really an adversary to work around... 10 surgeries, 100+ broken bones, etc. etc.... Finding something I can do that doesn't aggrevate an injury is proving challenging. Right now, I am focusing on upper body, abs work while a strained ligament in my ankle is mending.... The past injuries are just a challenge... not something that'll stop me.

This "support group" is a great idea!!! Best of Luck everyone.

M

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Another exercise related piece of info for weight loss all exercise is done at a moderate pace just like your calorie intake. If you exercise too hard your body goes into shock and does not burn calories.

12. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Airforce,
    I'm running and do push ups and what not now gearing up for that. I'm not a big runner never have been and i played every sport imaginable in high school. I'm just gonna have to suck it up. lol.