3reef biggest looser contest?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by loneracer05, Sep 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

How many calories is that total??? Impressive transformation BTW... I am too old to get that far, but plan to go as far as I can

M

2. Click Here!

3. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Just gotta share something.... you guys and gals have heard about my accident... the months in a wheel chair, etc. It has been a long road...

I am just so excited tonight, I have to share....

I went for my jog for the evening.... I made 4 miles on a 12 minute pace consistent!!! and I am not hurting too bad. I feel the damaged foot, but not bad at all.

I know that isn't breaking any world records and isn't a big deal to most folks, but to me it is just HUGE... I really can't put into words what it means to me....

It is a "normal" thing... I was finally, after 6 years of rehab and 5 surgeries able to do something normal.

I don't know why I am posting this, but I am just so excited. I remember the doctors saying they'd amputate my leg... that I'd never walk again... that I'd always have a severe limp and use a cane... I remember swearing that I'd RUN again. I didn't do all the surguries and rehab to prove them wrong. I did it so I could play catch with my son again. I did it so I could play "chase" with my young daughter.

I am crying right now. I can't describe all the pain and agony in the rehab. Tonight it all just seems totally .... surreal... Damn it... I went for a jog and did something normal!!! That just felt SO GOOD...

Sorry for the emotion and long post... just meant a lot to me.

M

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you and happy for you, and I'm glad you are so excited!! What an achievement. You are an inspiration!!

5. andru1313

andru1313 Purple Spiny Lobster

Over 4k.. and You are never to old. I am 36 now and look better than most 20year olds..

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Been doing some jogging on the treadmill, and making use of the elliptical at the apartment. Cut back on my food intake but still snacking / eating smaller portions and healthier food in general. Weighed in at 193 this morning. Down 7 pounds from my original weigh in at 200. Haven't noticed much of a difference, hope to get rid of my beer belly, I'm going to start doing sit-ups and crunches too, hopefully that helps.

7. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

That's awesome, don't really know you but proud of you just the same.

8. Click Here!

9. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

Ok, for my weekly weight in 268 (3 lbs)

10. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

209 for me this morning. Down 14 thus far.

THANKS for all the positive comments.

M

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Awesome news, congrats

12. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

updated if i missed any1 im sorry ive been up now for almost 38hrs straight. but i really stepped it up this week gonna take it easy for a day or 2 need some sleep lol