3g pico all in 1 kit

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by urmomsmin3, Aug 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

kk i got a yellow tail blue damsel thats doin jus fine my tank cycled all redy i dont noe how but guess its all cool corals are growing and i have about 8 little feather duster chilling all over my rock and damm fire worms they very cool in the dark bright but a pain in the ass so idk they like to come

2. Click Here!

3. willlovesfish

willlovesfish Plankton

Sweet tank man. I just picked up a 4 gallon pico myself. But it's just the tank, so I have to pick all the equipment out myself. What kind of light do you have, is it Power Compact fluorescent, LED..etc..?

Thanks.

4. Hello Katie

Hello Katie Fire Worm

I have a new 3g too, it's almost a month old now but I don't have anything in it other than some live rock. I plan on sexy shrimp and a pompom crab. MAYBE a clown goby. Goodluck with your tank and as everyone else suggested, take it slow :)

[​IMG]

5. urmomsmin3

it is goin kinda fast but my tank just cycled really fast and the fish is ok but the light is a 9w 50/50 fluorescent lamp

6. urmomsmin3

new pics gotta wipe the tank down just did a water change all is well;D

Attached Files:

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

You just got this tank 5 days ago and already you have shrooms, xenias and a fish???? Buddy, Im sorry to say but your going way too fast. I hope everything survives. Keep us posted. Luna

8. Click Here!

9. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

+1 on luna. dont buy anything more for your tank. you did not cycle in 5 days. more likely than not, that damsel is going to START your cycle. correct me, somebody, but you should not be doing water changes as it will only remove the beneficial bacteria that is produced during your cycle.

luckily, damsels are super hardy fish. my very first tank had two damsels (bought to start the cycle and planned on them probably not surviving) that survived the whole cycle. mine became grouper food. hopefully yours will live.

take a breath and read a few forums or go buy a book. this is not an impulse hobby. i'm sorry to be such a hard a** but things can go really wrong in a hurry if you dont study up

10. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

I feel sorry for the damsel. Take it back man, 3 gallons is nothing but a puddle. It could be a pretty pico reef - keep corals, but no fish man. Seriously. My YT damsels tear UP my 75 - they are very active fish, that enjoy swimming. 3 gallons is a prison. Sorry.

11. willlovesfish

willlovesfish Plankton

That's a really nice tank you have there. Is your light a 50/50 fluorescent light or LED? Do you have a heater in there or is that a powerhead in the upper right hand corner? Just wondering because I am trying to get some ideas for my new pico, thanks!

12. Hello Katie

Hello Katie Fire Worm

Thank you. It's the regular 9W 50/50 light the Picotope comes with. There's a thermometer, heater and filter on the left side and a little Rio 50 powerhead on the right.