37 gallon build (697 day update)

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Fresh2Salt, Aug 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

It's best to give them a natural light cycle as they would receive in the reef.

2. Click Here!

3. dellyjoe

dellyjoe Teardrop Maxima Clam

i have my blue lights on for 12 hours and my purple plus and day light on for 10 hours.

so ex
    my blue lights come on at 10am and my day light and purple plus lights come on at 11am. then at 9pm my day light and purple plus light go off, and my blue lights will be one for my more hour and go off at 10pm

4. Fresh2Salt

Fresh2Salt Feather Duster

I picked up a couple pounds of cured live rock to add to my sump tonight and a Emerald Crab ... I'm going to hold off on another fish for awhile just to make sure everything's in check. My coral banded shrimp looks and acts normal hes always looking around the tank for bits to eat so I feed him a few flakes everyday so he has something to look forward too.

5. dellyjoe

dellyjoe Teardrop Maxima Clam

hey fresh2salt idk if you have said this or not but what are you feeding your fish just flakes?

6. Fresh2Salt

Well my first fish wasn't looking so good so I flushed him and my shrimp and crab will eat anything, so lately I have been just feed them flakes but on occasion I feed them frozen

7. Fresh2Salt

I got crabs !!!

heres some shots of the Emerald Crab that I picked up the other day

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Emerald looks good. I have put probably 6-7 in my tank over the last yr and I see them for approximatly 5 minutes once they are in the tank then never see them again.:(.

10. Fresh2Salt

he definitely likes to hide in the rocks but comes out at dinner time to eat...There's not enough stuff in my rocks to pick at so he has to show his face from time to time

11. Fresh2Salt

Day 40 I have first signs of Coralline algae growth on the rocks and some on the tops of the power heads ...I guess the weekly toothbrush on the live rock I bought from the LFS and the Knife scraping payed off ;) ...

12. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

Nice! I just got done scrapping some off a power head that was plugged by coraline. It's good and then a pain. Post up some pics!