360 or PS3? That is the question.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Dec 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Your forgetting one part... It's their fault they have to fix anything. This is completely unacceptable. I own a ps3, wii, ps2, ps1, n64, super nintendo, and atari 2600. The only thing I have had to send back was my 360 and it broke again.

I shouldn't have to pay because they built an inferior product. $140 is not worth it when in a year you will have to send it back again! Personally I would rather just buy a ps3 that has worked flawlessly for me and I have not heard of anyone sending theirs back.

2. Click Here!

3. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

eveyone keeps saying no halo for ps3, well theres a lot of games that ps3 has that x box doesn't, like god of war, metal gear solid, etc.
    and this argument can go both ways there are some games you can't get for ps3 either.

4. natireefa

natireefa Astrea Snail

PS3 no question. wifi, free online play, download/stream movies, games, whatever. full web browser supports all sites, stream youtube/pandora/3reef etc. right on your tv. not to mention the best picture, blu ray player, huge hard drive, classic playstation control instead of the annoying xbox imitation. it does EVERYTHING. at only $300 you would never forgive yourself if you got the xbox instead.

5. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Yea but you still can't play halo on PS3..;D

6. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

Exactly. And the price for a ps3 isn't that bad now-a-days.

7. Crabby Jim

Crabby Jim Sea Dragon

I am going to chime in for the 360 here I have been using the X-Box live service since it came out and I think it is fantastic . I think the online component of gaming is the only thing that keeps me interested in a game. The campaigns are good but I would take co-op campaign or multiplayer match any day of the week over a single player experience I do not like the HALO games and I think a lot of the games I do like are multi platform like Modern warefare 2, GTA World at War etc. The funny thing is that my friends who do own both consoles are always on the 360 and they by the multi platform releases on 360 so that is very telling they could go either way and they prefer the online component of X-Box live to the Playstation Network. I think the PS3 is a good system and I do plan on picking one up eventually but I dont see any game that is coming out that is going to make me run out and get it. I am on my 4th console btw and if this one broke I would still repalce it I like the system that much.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

IMO, it comes down to 3 things and 3 things only.

In order of priority

1. God of War. I can't wait for the movie (not that I know of one, but if they do I hope it's an awesome game -> movie port and not a terrible one, talking hard R here, maybe NC even, I want a violent movie for Kratos)

2. Blu-Ray

3. Like said previously, I have had so many consoles over my lifetime - Atari's, NES, Genesis, up to now. I still have several of the older ones hooked up (N64 never gets old). None have ever broke. Why would i want a box that breaks - ever. XBox 360 is only the second console I've skipped (DreamCast being the other).

10. trent51593

trent51593 Coral Banded Shrimp

ps3 free online play good blue ray player so theres a 2 in one deal to start with

11. crazy reef love

crazy reef love Skunk Shrimp

I've had my x box 360 elite for two years now and its never broken on me ;D I guess I'm just lucky.

12. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

assassin's creed 2 is worth buying a ps3 for by itself