350g tank project (with pic)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Notturnia, Feb 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

left.. some pipes from the electric implant in &%$&/ the middle where i need.. plus the airconditioning pipe for the water outlet.. and finally my outlet (110mm for water discarge anc changes)
    2nd you can see the leca covering all
    3rd you see the main "hole " wall to wall of the space..
    4rd the leca covering all.. you can see the electric pipe for the acquarium and the cover of the discharge outlet just over the leca

2. Click Here!

3. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

last 5 pictures.. for now ;D

Attached Files:

4. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

here you can see where the 350g tank will live..
    we have made a hole in the wall between the kitchen and the office and have prepared a wall under it to divide the 2 room
    in the 4th pic you can also see one of the 2 column that will keep the weight of the tank.. the other is in the opposite place..
    5th pic you can see the pipes for the air cond and the pipes (on the right) that will bring electricity to the ligthning tha the water from the RO/DI
    4th pic you see also the wires under the tank..
    the tank will be wider then the column cause we (wife..) decided we can do more then 60cm and we will cover the first 2 electric box and move the wires to have 75/80 cm so we can have 350g tank :-D
    hope you enjoy this..
    this job requires 6 years of spare time while i was building the house..
    if i'm lucky by the end of this year i will go there to live.. and i hope i will build the small 350g tank so i can enjoy it.

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Looks Great! Wow that's a lot of planning and prep.

Keep the pics coming

J

1 person likes this.
  6. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

the 2 sys (350g and 1000g) were not linked with pipes in the past cause the 350g should be a fresh water and the 1000g a reef.. money suggested to wait to build the 1000g and so we decided to use the 350g location for a reef and sell (sob..) our fresh fishes..

now.. i'd like they were linked.. so i would use just 1 sump and 1 sys.. but i cant link them in a safe way today unless using the roof to move pipes.. and will require 2 huge pumps to do it.. so too much isk..

but will keep you informed this week

now here it's 23 :-D so need to sleep a big

and tnx for all.

expecially to Jason for the PM

7. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

some more info about the project.. seems my wife lend me 70 cm of space to fit anykind of skimmer and ca-reactor i want ;D

here you can see how the tank will be installed.. the 2 main side are 1 in the office and the upper (considering the draw) in the kitchen.. built inside a wall

hope it can be easy to understand...

1 more will follow with the front side view of the project. ;D

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Looks like it's gonna be quite a special chunk of the ocean you're makin there. Hope it turns out just the way you want it! Thanks for the pics! They look great.

10. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

hehe i hope it will work as i want :D or my wife will just cut my head :|

11. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

and this is the main view from the front (inside the office)

it miss the plumbing setup.. still working on it but i need more info about equipt.. and still miss the place to put the closed loop pumps (probably behind skimmer and ca-reactor as that part is 30" deep and only 15" are used so i can make a support at 1 meter from the floor and put 2 pumps..
    it miss also a place (probably in the frag tank..) where to put the carbon/etc7etc/etc filters.. will put 3-4 filters so if i need to put something in the tank i'm ready..

and will miss probably also a place to put the grotech sys to use 7 doso-pumps to reaintegrate the elements the skimmer will overkill..

btw.. i prefer a big skimmer due to have cleaner water and make me have enough frag for a shop near house that will buy them from me.. so i should have some money to manage the tank .. but then i want pure salt water ::)

ok should be enough for a while ;D

Attached Files:

12. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Looks great, any update pics?

Evan.