(30gal protein skim) need recomendation!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by sauce-n-tank, Aug 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sauce-n-tank

sauce-n-tank Feather Duster

hey guys to make it short i have a 30 gallon reef set up wich i plan to stalk up so i need a protein skimmer asap. what do you guys suggest open for all opinions thank you :)

2. Click Here!

3. rmelvin23

rmelvin23 Skunk Shrimp

The biggest one that you can afford. Getting a bigger one will allow you to have a little more livestock in tank.

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Its a little more to it then just get the largest one you can afford , Is there a sump on the system ? and if so what it the flow rates through the sump ? And what are your goals as for type and number of fish and corals ? I have a skimmer that hold near 30 gallons :) Your filtration and sand depth will also add to the skimmers size .

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

the bubble king, man if i wasn't in college and had money. get a aquac or euroreef. try ebay first to get a deal

6. sauce-n-tank

sorry i forgot to ad on that i might not add a sump just some type of hang on..

7. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

AquaC Remora

8. Click Here!

9. sauce-n-tank

aqua c sounds good any more suggestions for a hang on protein skimmer??

10. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

auqa c urchin or remora are good options, if u wanna save some cash the coralife superskimmer isnt bad either i have one on my 58g in sump, can be used as a im sump or HOB

11. sweetriden76

sweetriden76 Coral Banded Shrimp

I have an aqua c remora on my new 46 bowfront, it also has the box around the pump so it only sucks water from the surface, the tank is cycling at the moment so I cant really say how well its working, but so far it seems like a nice unit...got it off ebay 142 for the whole setup with a maxi-jet 1200 theres always a few on there...also got a hydor koralia PH and am very impressed with it if your ever needing a PH

12. sauce-n-tank

ok so far i see the aqua c remora should be my best option for the buck and performance any experiences with it cause i plan to stock up my tank a bit more?