300 MPG Aptera Automobile

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 6, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Depends on the price. Close to 30k or less, probably. Higher than that, no. If they want 45k for this spaceship, I will buy a Lotus Elise and complete my mid-life crisis.

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

could go with a tesla, they have 2 new cars coming out in a lower price bracket and still insane performance specs

4. hoin

hoin Plankton

i am watching this type of auto mobile first time which is really nice and good

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

The real range is now to be more like 40 miles pure electric. After that, the generator will kick in to provide electricity to power the car. So, the real mpg will be very tough to figure out. Even in real world driving with the generator using gas, the mpg will vary so much that the EPA will probably need to make a new efficiency model for the car, and any future cars using a generator and no internal combustion engine to provide direct propulsion. There are more coming out as well, from other manufacturers.

I am not a GM man, they have never been much beyond a decent car for me. However the Volt, even if it is $37,000 actually has piqued my interest, provided the $7500 tax credit is applicable by the time GM actually makes this car.

Matt, the price hike was inevitable, but hopefully the cost does not go up much. I am sure most people that put deposits down would not be happy of an increase that is too much more than the originally estimated price.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Aptera 2e Production Version Unveiled- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

Just to tease you Matt, yahoo had this on their revolving headlines on their home page.

Funny though that the tagline on the main page says it is a "200 mph electric car" but the text in the article says 200 mpg. They let that one slip by.

That and if it uses no gas in the all electric version, that means it does not get any mpg, and you would have to determine what it would cost to charge it up per day to figure out it's "fuel" efficiency.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I am just heading out the door but caught this ...

Ya know I am still waiting for this goofy sled. I think I put a deposit down 2 years ago. I hope they are enjoying everybody's interest. ;D Anyway, I have no idea if I will buy this car now when it comes out. I just will have to drive it. Money is tighter these days and I have been looking at muscle cars too. :) I am all over the map. But part of me with the money thing is saying just drive the Honda I own into the ground until the economy turns around. So who knows.. the geek in me would love this spaceship though. It was wild to see in person in silicon valley a while back. The thing accelerated so fast in the parking lot. It was sci-fi. Dead silent too except for a 'whir' when you hit the pedal hard. One snuck up behind me. The led lights were cool too. I sat in it and thought it was cool inside to and roomy for its size. The main computer display was cool too - touch screen and gave you a bunch of realtime stats. It's a trip.

8. Click Here!

9. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

I was on 3 reef the night you put that in that down payment. I have always wondered what you thought of the Aptera. Now you say you have not received it yet? YIKES!:-/

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Nobody has yet. Check my link out a couple posts up. Looks like 11 months to go yet for deliveries IIRC.