Unresolved 3 Diamond Goby Died

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Omar, Jul 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Omar

Omar Plankton

I got 1 Diamond goby in my tank and died the first night, so thinking it was just bad luck, I went a week later and after doing my weekly cleaning I got 2 more and put them in the water. As soon as I put them in the water they look very scared so the hide. 3 days later and I have not seen them during the day or night outside or inside the tank.

What could be the problem????????? I need help.

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

What are your water parameters? Need #s not good or acceptable. What size tank? What else is in the tank? How long has it been running?

4. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

jumped out?
    how long has your tank been set up?
    water parameters?

5. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef!

Is this an established tank? Do you have test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, salinity and pH?

6. Omar

Omar Plankton

Diamond Goby Problem

55 Gal tank

3 months old

I have the water taste at the Aquarium store near me and it was good when I put them in the water.

I have:

1 Yellow tang
    2 Percula Clown fish
    1 Tomato Clown fish
    1 Fox face
    1 Royal Dottyback
    2 Damsel yellow tail

7. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

You have quite a few big fish for that tank; I hope the tang and foxface are at least small.

The gobies could very well be getting harassed by ANY of the fish you have in there.

8. Click Here!

9. Omar

Omar Plankton

yes! these fish are still small, I did see the yellow tang harassing one of the gobies, but that is when the goby hide under the rocks and went missing!

Thank you for your advice about the kit, yes I will keep that in mind.

10. UnderTheSea

UnderTheSea Feather Duster

Wow, this happened to you to. Weird, a while back when I had my tank set up for the first year I purchased a Diamond Goby. However, I had my Damsel at that time. My Damsel Harassed it and I never saw it. Not inside the tank or out. :confused:

11. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

You are way too overstocked.. You could have a problem with ammonia with that many fish in just 3 months.

Foxface need a 75G+
    and so do yellow tangs. although ive seen people keep YT in a 55G for a while.
    still those 2 fish toguether in a 55 is pushing it. let alone the rest of your fish. You should get yourself a test kit ASAP. and test your parameters yourself.

12. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

I agree with some of the others. thats alot of fish for that tank. also, with that new of a tank, there may not be any fauna for the goby to eat. you ahve to have a good pod and fauna population to support them.