29 gallon biocube

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by anemonecrab, Nov 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

i agree its not worth $200. although keep in mind that his is cdn dollars. you know, the funny looking money. with all the colors of the rainbow. what does it not have that you dont like?

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I am looking at one right now, albeit an empty one. And its not so much that I was slamming it, just stating fact. You yourself went on to agree with the exact issues I posted. Weaker light limits your coral choices to easy/lower light corals. Powerheads will be needed. Filtration is limited, etc. Like I said, it really depends on what you want to do with it. If you ever want to go heavier stock, have advanced corals, etc, than a biocube would not be a wise choice. If not, than it will do its job fine.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Also the changeover rate isnt that different. 200 cdn is still 170 usd.

As far as what it doesnt have. It doesn't have good lighting, it doesn't have proper flow, and it doesn't have adequate filtration. And those are about the three most important things to reef keeping.

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i don't like that it only has 2.5 wpg of pc lighting.

im not saying its a particularly bad setup just not worth the money IMO
    maybe if it came with a great skimmer it would be.

also buying a complete package will never be as good as one you yourself make by choosing each individual component specifically for your needs. although the complete one probably will be cheaper.

6. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Careful, that could be taken offensively. Not to mention their money is worth more than ours right now. I don't like the lighting, integrated filtration, no skimmer and, it seems to be made of thin/cheap plastic.

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

no ours has gone back up the canadian dollar= 85 cent

now if only we could beat the pound. wishful thinking i know.

btw way please don't eat me i know my lil scooter blennie self is no match for a shark like you :)

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

10. missionsix

11. missionsix

It's a good thing I wasn't trying to make some big international business deal.

12. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I had thee tank we are talking about. I had the same corals u have, they grew like mad too...prolly cause i had "dirty water" and i did weekly water changes too. They grew cause the filtration was lacking. I also grew the same coral in a 10 gallon tank with a 40 watt pc fixture and a aquaclear 30. total cost 80 bux all brand new. Growing gsp and a few mushrooms was fun for the first 6 months being the hobby but now if im gonna spend my money on a tank, i wanna to be able to keep more than some mushrooms.

Also, quite a few people have has their lights fizz out on these tanks. No ones knocking what u have...just rather have the option to expand & take advantage of some of the nice equipment out there so they can do more with their tanks.