28G PLANTED Nano Cube

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Blue Falcon, Nov 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

OK. After hours of research my head hurts and my eyes are bleeding but from what i've been reading about planted tanks 2.0WPG is sufficient for low to moderate plants. If you exceed 3.0+WPG you pretty much NEED CO2 to keep your plants healthy and algae becomes a problem if there are excess nutrients in the water. So with that said I'm more confident now that the 70W MH bulb at 2.5WPG is perfect for my experience level in planted tanks.

Must......rest......:snore:

2. Click Here!

3. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

It's done. I ordered the 70W pendant. I will post updates when I get the lamp. ;D

4. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

good job, your plants will love the intense lighting. a tip in aquascaping most plants should blend together and you should only have one center piece that catches ones attention. java moss and Christmas moss are good plants too have on drift wood, anubias are fairly easy plants that look very nice, and you should probably get more java fern. I'm guessing you know about curing drift wood right?

5. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

It's in a pot on the stove as I type. lol

I also contacted JBJ lighting and sent him a pic of my plants, and he concluded that with the low to moderate light plants I have, the 70W version would be plenty, and if I got the 150W, it would be hard to balance the CO2 and nutrients in the tank and thats slightly above my skill level right now. I just want a nice looking planted tank I'm not trying to have a massive algae outbreak. lol

6. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

UPDATE PICS

After a few hours of boiling the driftwood it's in the tank now. It wasn't the same shape I had in mind but I worked with it. It really brings life to the aquarium and creates a great focal point. I still want to fill in the foreground with micro sword grass but I think I like the plants that are in there and where they are. I CAN NOT WAIT till I get my metals halides! ;D

Still a little cloudy from all the re-arranging. I just couldn't keep you picture hungry folks waiting. lol

From the front
    [​IMG]

From the right side
    [​IMG]

7. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

The pictures just don't do justice. My camera is crappy and the pics always look dark and cloudy.

This tank is prettier than my reef tank. (till i get some corals in there) ;D

MH's and CO2 system on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

UPDATE PICS

Got some more plants today along with a nice big school of neons.

[​IMG]