24G ReeferS ReeF 9months ! COMPLETE UPDATE. ! NEW PICS

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dskyers, Jan 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

The other

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. dskyers

Can anyone guess what kind they are just by looking?!?

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Ocellaris clowns are what i most frequently see in the black and white ones.So i would guess they're both ocellaris,but they could be perculas also as they look (and act) very similar,i think the only major difference is one has one or two more spines on thier dorsal fin.Mabey Cheryl or another clown expert will chime in and correct me if i'm wrong.And congrats on your new friends.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Holy Cow, Cheryl has 3 Nems in her Nano? I feel like such a salty puss.....HAHA I'm scared to death of the little guys and she raises E'm like they're kittens. (bows down to the Cher master)

1 person likes this.
  6. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

And by the way, Dskyers, I'm gonna send you a camera that takes pics straight up and down......LOL;D JK, but seriously, I'm getting neck cramps from looking sideways. I really wanna see your tank buddy...But It's Soo Difficult!! LOL 8)

7. dskyers

thank u going to try right now let's see. Fts I think its coming along well .

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. dskyers

Another shot.

Attached Files:

10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

LOL, kittens are A LOT harder. :)

What type those clown be, hard to say without a closer image. You can get an idea by how wide the black line is that outlines the white stripping, of course dorsal spines and the extent to which the middle white line extends towards the head of the fish. Now member Pickle could probably tell you right off the get go. I would hazard to say though that both are Ocellaris, especially if they are cheaper.

Look at the images in this link, it may help with an id.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15 27

There is a definitely chance that clowns may not take to the type of anemone you have. You also run the risk of flower anemone and anemones with stronger stinks killing the clowns and eating them.

If you want anemones and clowns I suggest a BTA (bubble tip).

Looking good.

1 person likes this.
  11. dskyers

No I dont expect them too. I learned that last tank round. The rock nems are for looks. And hopes my little buddy don't go near the big green one. Thinking of taking him to the store and see if I van exchange its too big I think.

I paid 39.99 for the black and 24.95 for the orange if that helps.

Going to stack up on the right side for sps and a bta or two down at the bottem for the clowns.

Thanks for looking.

1 person likes this.
  12. dskyers

I see green alge starting to form in the sand. Like spots. But I see it on rocks too. How bad is this before it get bad. Or is this okay? Clowns seem happy. Surfing in the tank. Crab us happy. He does not move for his nem though? All the rock nems seem fine expect the pink moved down to the bottem of the tank. Shrooms seem fine. So how do I get rid of green alge. And how can I add more sand to existing set up.