220 Gal Perfecto, 210 gal All Glass or 180 Gal All Glass

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by marlinman, Mar 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

I am a full time tile setter and cannot stress enough the importance of a leveled floor! But, I thought it was the other way around, that acrylic tanks were more susceptible to blowouts.

2. Click Here!

3. Big-B

Big-B Plankton

Thats what I have always thought that acrylic tanks would blow out before glass tanks. I have a buddy that had a 260 gallon reef tank that blew out on him a few years back his tank was acrylic.

4. LoJack

LoJack Sea Dragon

Doesn't All Glass make the Perfecto line?

And I'm pretty sure they both fall under the Oceanic Umbrella

I'm pretty sure I read a thread somewhere that talked about how Oceanic made them all

Oceanic tanks are like the Corvettes
    All Glass would be the Cobalts
    and Perfecto the Sunfires

Same company different price ranges to appeal to all hobbiests if I'm not mistaken

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

No, Perfecto is a completely different company.

Oceanic and AGA/ Aqueon are owned by the same company, Central Garden and Pet. The AGA tanks are built right here in Wisconsin. I think Oceanics are made here as well, but I for certain know that perfecto is an entirely different company.

A more fitting correlation to autos would be
    Oceanic= Lincoln
    AGA= ford
    Perfecto= chrysler

6. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

I would go with a 180 or as horken said go with a deeper or wider tank. Not only is it easier on the glass and seams and You wont need as high powered lights to get good PAR to the bottom. With a deeper tank you can also fit more live rock in and get better shelving for coral placement. When I build my 200G woody it is only going to be 24" deep. Plus a lower tank is easier to clean. But I haft to say that tall tanks do look good.

7. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

You forgot one.

Home made woodys= Bently lol

Also take into consideration that you can not drill the bottom pain of a all glass aquarium. It is tempered glass. And AllGlass is the same company as Aqueon

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

The Bentley;)

Yeah, i still have no clue why AGA switched to the aqueon name. That one is weird. Why would you change the name of the best selling tank?

That would be like Honda changing their motorcycle line's name to wing ding.

10. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

oops, I guess it doesnt really matter if I spell it right considering I can't afford one. But yea the Aqueon name change is a mystery. But since they swiched, the logo and packaging does look alot better than the AGA.