210 reef - taking it slow

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scajeo, Dec 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Forgive my ignorance but I'm not exactly sure what nutrient export means but I'll take a shot at what I think it means.
    skimmer runs 24/7 skimmer is producing a lot of skim that needs to cleaned every 3 days
    carbon reactor runs 24/7
    media reactor runs 24/7
    UV is on 24/7
    and of course a fuge

I use Red Sea test kits.

All the corals look fantastic great PE and growth. I'm trying hard to not chase numbers, being so young in the hobby I worry about every little thing.

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Very Nice Build! Great Progress!

4. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Thank you Todd your comments along with many others mean a lot to me.

5. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

My best friend has picked her clowns arriving tomorrow. DaVinci clowns which in my opinion they look just like Ocellaris clowns but she likes them. The male (top) decided he wanted to step out on the misses and ran away with the lady below him two nights ago. He better be happy with the one he's with because he won't have that option in my DT. I cut him away from his previous partner, please forgive the rough edges around him.
    clowns-126.jpg

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I like DaVinci clowns, nice pair too. Looking good

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Test your phosphate against another kit. I use red sea pro and like it but it's always good to get a second opinion.

8. Click Here!

9. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

phosphate is down to .08 last thursday and I'll test again today. It it's still high I'll take a sample in and have it tested wednesday.

thnx on the daVinci's. My best friend/wife is extremely excited.

10. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

11. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Great read Chris. Thank you. I'm working on making a base line but as new as my system is and I am it's hard not to chase numbers. I have stopped with the frantic "my numbers are off I must buy something to fix them" rampage. I check and then post them to see if anyone thinks I should do anything. With getting the saltwater station finished up today I can start doing regular water changes which I'm sure will help with quite a few issues. The newbie in me is fearful but y'all and I appreciate it very much are trying to keep me reigned back.

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Those Clowns are impressive as is the Anemone.

Coral growth is good, corals are not brown? No over abundance of algae growth? No worries. I just never test for phosphates in the tank anymore, in replacement water just as a check but not the tank. I would like to think I will detect an issue visually/observation if my phosphates were climbing. Sounds like you have a decent export system.