210 reef - taking it slow

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scajeo, Dec 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

You're making me rethink my nem. selection now Mike. THANKS! Love that Colorado Sunburst.

Thank you OFK. I did a manual dose for two days straight and brought my numbers back up. I have the doser standing by and just watching for now.

AnotherMike likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Tank is looking great and healthy. I wouldn't worry to much about dosing. Once you start getting coral heavy and see your numbers drop daily then it's time. I would focus on stability at this point versus all out numbers.

4. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Thank you DSC, I've decided to sit back, relax and just enjoy. Well, aside for daily maintenance. It's hard at times cause I don't want things to get out of hand so I worry about every little thing right now.

5. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

The Colorado is really a show piece and that also factored in. I'm Im only going to have one nem in my tank I may as well make it a really cool one.

6. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I agree wholeheartedly. My problem is I want Iwant I want and I can't wait can't wait can't wait. :)

AnotherMike and mdbostwick like this.
  7. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I think most of us fit into this category

Corailline, AnotherMike and scajeo like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Alas, my red ruby dragonet has passed away. It was eating great earlier yesterday and then last night my 7yo granddaughter said he was acting funny. I asked how and she said he was being weird. Although I don't think it's what caused his demise he was caught in a small vortex with one of the cleaner shrimp trying desperately trying to grab it and pull it into the rocks. :(

The wife is blaming the mandarins but I don't think so, not that quickly at least. Never seen them portray any aggression towards him.

10. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Sorry for your loss. Those are really cool fish.

11. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

thanks MD.
    I'd like to get a bonded pair next time but might wait for a little bit before I try again.

12. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Well awhile back I found a brittle star in my chaeto removed it and placed it in my DT. I haven't seen it since, however, looking in my fuge the other night I see three more of those buggers I'll have to dig out of the chaeto. Almost makes me wonder what else is hiding in there