210 reef - taking it slow

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scajeo, Dec 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Dag nab IT guy. I couldn't figure out why my Apex wasn't connecting to the server back by the tank but it worked great in the office and now I know. The guy I had wire my house up never connected the back half the house to the media control center so no network back there. Love crawling under the house in the middle of December. BUT HEY.... it's working now!

2. Click Here!

3. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Thnx OFK. I've got a lot of clean up to do underneath but appreciate it.

More pictures to follow as I forge ahead

4. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Thnx OFK. I've got a lot of clean up to do underneath but appreciate it.

More pictures to follow as I forge ahead
    I spent most the day working on networking my Apex but I'll measure out the hole that was drilled and lower the returns and let you know how that works out.
    Thank you for the help and advice.

5. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Here are two pictures of the sump with the skimmer and showing all the micro-bubbles I'm getting with it. Any ideas what would be causing this?

Attached Files:

6. timkatz71

timkatz71 Astrea Snail

It looks like you have too much flow through your sump, is there any water going over and under the last baffle? If so try laying a filter pad on the surface.

7. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

When the guy set up my fuge he hooked it up to the sump, subsequently the weight of the fuge pulled the side of the sump away from one of the baffles and that is what you are seeing in the pictures. Water flowing between that side and baffle. With that said, I like and will put in a floating filter to see if that will help break up the microbubbles. Have you heard of a break in time for a skimmer? Is it normal that there is never anything in the skimmer cup? I'm toying with the idea of picking up a 55g and doing a DIY sump and putting in a third baffle to help out. I'll keep you posted. Thank you

8. Click Here!

9. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

Skimmers can take time to break in. I'd give it a week or two before doing anything drastic... Like crawling under my house in December or the like...

scajeo likes this.
  10. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

This is nice setup. When I did my inwall build, I wanted to make sure I have access from the front as well. It doesnt look like you do, have you found this to be of any issue?

Attached Files:

11. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Those brand new clean overflows are tight! Just throwing it out there, is there enough room in your return pump section? It seems a little tight in there. I have a DIY sump, so it's just an observation and could be perfect the way it is for all I know. Hope you figure it out, I know how frustrating it can be.

12. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

With the huge access in the back and from both sides I have no unreachable spots in the tank. With the Euro design tank and the center plate it gave us something to lay on when we were doing the aquascaping.

When the fuge was on the sump it made it hard to get around the sump and that was the only time I wanted some sort of front access but since I've moved the fuge all is good. Love the in-wall but had to keep in mind the aquascaping on both sides instead of one.