210 reef - taking it slow

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scajeo, Dec 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I had an anemone decide it wanted to Take a stroll through a vortex and shredded. Polluted everything, killed a lot, started the spiral. The final collapse was when the centerbrace detached and I had to do an emergency rehome of everything. My sterilizer gave out this week so will be ordering a new one shortly but I'm ready to start adding corals once again. It's long overdue

2. Click Here!

3. SantaMonicaHelp

SantaMonicaHelp Astrea Snail

Yikes. Talk about a monkey wrench.

-Kamran

4. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

There's been a few monkeys throwing wrenches around. I got a great assortment of wrenches I'm willing to give away if anybody wants some good ole monkey wrenches.

5. SantaMonicaHelp

SantaMonicaHelp Astrea Snail

Well, they do say that one man's trash is another man's treasure...

-Kamran

6. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I want to mount these two corals to the wall, either above or on the side. What is the best way to do that? Do/can I drill them if so how? This is what I'd prefer to do because I'd like to mount them at their base and have them come out from the wall the way they would of naturally been in the ocean. The other way (less desired) would be to wrap copper around them and attach the copper to the wall or to a wood mounting plate.

Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks
    Scott

Attached Files:

7. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I've had the triton test done recently and it came back with high lithium. Not sure how that could of gotten into the tank but am doing 6 water changes to get it down. I wonder if it's in the well water. I've never dosed trace elements before and as many of you know I've not been able to keep corals alive for very long so I've started dosing those. My calcium is 400 mg is 1380 and alk is 9.8 now.

Here is a link to my triton results: https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/67638/