210 reef - taking it slow

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scajeo, Dec 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Thank you Corailline.
    Corals are all looking great nothing browning on me yet. I have some small spots on rocks that are turning brown (end of an eraser at most size) other than that no algae growth to speak of.

I'm trying very hard to follow y'alls lead in just letting the tank tell me when something isn't working. yes I check and yes I panic and yes I want to buy something to fix it all but I'm holding myself back and just posting my results here. Listening and learning from all you great gurus.

Reefbuilder, DSC reef and chris adams like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

First water change went without a hitch. Salt premixed and cooked to a balmy 77 degrees for 12 hours. Only problem I ran into was a couple of water leaks that I'll have to tear the station apart and redo it to make sure everything is tightly fitting.

Params:
    77.4 temp
    8.06 ph
    1.025 salinity
    0 ammonia
    0 nitrates
    0 nitrites
    .08 phosphate
    9.8 dkh
    1500 mg
    400 ca

chris adams likes this.
  4. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

the DaVinci clowns arrived today from clownfishextreme.com and are just as they promised. Excellent folks to work with and a great stock to choose from.

DSC reef likes this.
  5. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Came home from the store today only to find my RBTA missing. After looking around I found remnants of it in one of my powerheads. This morning it was at the bottom of my tank chillin and tonight........................

6. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

7. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

8. Click Here!

9. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

thnx guys. Wife was not a happy lady when she saw it. Not sure why it decided to do what it did and probably will never know.

10. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

so sorry to hear :(

scajeo likes this.
  11. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Received my apex WXM for radions and vortechs this week. Everything worked great, easy hook up and programming. Next day, everything showed missing with only one light working and my vortechs running in constant mode.
    Reset everything and reloaded it all back in.
    I was able to get both Vortechs back up and running and only my center radion. One of my other radions is on but I don't have any control over it, not sure what it's doing and the other is completely off.

needless to say I have an e-mails to Neptune and looks like I have a phone conference scheduled for Monday. Hopefully we'll get it all worked out.

12. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I have only ever heard good things about neptune customer service and i am sure they will get it fixed.