20gal clown tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by armison89, May 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. armison89

armison89 Purple Spiny Lobster

i dont want corals in the tank and thats final.

2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i am not pushing anything on you at all dont feel pressured, i understand you dont want corals. but you just recently told me you were doing a reef.

4. armison89

im doing 2 tanks a 20gal with clowns and a nem and a 29gal reef. i was just mad that u were arguing abt corals and clowns in my post.

5. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

hmm- T5 will host any anemone- if you have enough par (bulbs) for your given tank. That being said MH is much better.

After 6 months you will be fine with correct lighting to add an anemone- you do not need to wait a year- this is mis-information. Less if you have bought a pre-owned system.

If you have tank stability and good lighting nearly any anemone will do fine, just remember to choose the correct type of anemone for the size of your tank. Under lighting the tank is usually what causes anemone death in a stable system- do not over feed either 2- 4 times a month, nothing more.

A mini carpet would do fine- but a full carpet such as this one, that is my 165 gallon tank would not.

[​IMG]

6. armison89

iwant a bubble tip

7. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

do not listen to this, any anemone cannot be in a tank unless it has been set up for a year minimum, alpha here must have been an exception to the rule. you ask 90 percent of the people on this site and they will say the exact same thing. also if you have enough t5 they can be as good as halides if not better.

8. Click Here!

9. alpha_03

what color, I have three myself- a green, that was white when I got him nearly two years ago, a red Rose that is 3 years old, and MR. nem whom has been with me for 12 years and has gone thru hell and back, and is prettier then ever. He is your common old timer GBTA. I can post post pics if you would like? 3 nem's in the 165 and the rose is in the 45 gallon.

10. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

color doesnt really matter, i have bought a rose bta for a premium price for its color then 4 months later it turned greenish brown. and vice versa.

11. armison89

lol more arguing in my post

12. alpha_03

No offense, but your age states you are 15- do you realize I have 2 anemone's that are probably older then you are?

To the O/P follow what advice you wish- but think about what is being said to you- I am no exception, I just take care of the critter's I have and provide the correct enviroment for them- this is the key to any type of critter keeping- be SW-FW, or anything else- Take responsibility for your pets first, then consider yourself- this is what I have always done.