2010 College Football Thread.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bama, Aug 31, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I love the TCU and Boise supporters. You gotta give it to em...they truly believe that their teams can compete WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT with top conference schools. I will give it to Boise St...in a couple bowl games, and maybe once a season, they play a top 25 team (and by that I mean one that belongs in the top 25, not Va Tech.), and have won recently. But you look at teams like Ohio St., Penn St., Oklahoma, USC, Auburn, Alabama, Florida (yikes!), etc., who play these top 25 teams 5-7 times a year...and have for a very long time, and have continued success. All I'm saying to Boise St., TCU and Utah fans is, before you crown them the undeserving kings, play one season in the SEC or Big 12, or Pac-10 and see how you'd really do. Hell, you might surprise the skeptics (me), and win 10 or 11 of em. Then, AND ONLY THEN, will you deserve a chance to play for a Nat'l Championship.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Those teams would surprise most non-believers. They all recruit well and have good athletes. If they were in AQ conferences their recruit quality would improve and they would compete extremely well. We should see how Utah does next year in the Pac 10.

4. FaceOfDeceit

And I'm not saying they don't belong...I'm just simply saying, prove that you do. I'm sure most of the "power houses didn't schedule them before for $$$, because honestly, 10 years ago is Boise St. vs. Ohio St. bringing in the same $$$ and Ohio St. vs. USC? They've been relevant for long enough now, that they can schedule tougher opponents. I really hope for College Footballs sake that they don't get to play for the Nat'l Title this year.

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The only way they can get the schools to play them is a 2 for one deal or playing only away games. Besides why play a school that might beat you when you can schedule someone you can beat. College football will be better off if they were to play for the championship because it will help answer questions about them. If you consider them relevant then why don't you want them to play afraid they will win and turn your world upside down.

I do agree $$$ rules all though.

6. FaceOfDeceit

I don't consider them relevant...the BCS does. Like I said, anyone can win 1 game a year against a good team...look at App St. Your logic of why schedule a team that might beat you when you can schedule Community College's and Prep Academies instead is rediculous. That is why teams from now until the final game of the year will be leap frogging Boise and TCU and Utah...because they may be relevant in some eyes, they still have to earn respect. If they play for a Nat'l Title this year, it won't answer any questions. Look at the last 10 years of Nat'l Champ teams (winning and losing teams), and you'll see that each one started off the year in the top 17...Boise started off this year at 3, and after 1 and 2 lost ahead of them, where are they at? Auburn started off at 23, and are 4th now, because they played a tougher schedule.

1 person likes this.
  7. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Stated very well.. K+

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

You both are just cool aid drinkers who don't want to share.;D Boise State, TCU and Utah have tried to schedule tougher but have been stymied by schools who don't want to or are afraid to play them for whatever reason. Your case for Auburn just means that the pollsters were wrong about the team and were only guessing at best. The computers are the same until the teams have played enough games but even then they are still guessing or have bias from the creater of the program. The BCS is garbage but unfortunately it is the best garbage until there is some playoff system.

10. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

We go to a playoff and this whole argument is over. If you have a "National" championship teams that don't lose any games are going to want to be included. I know that Bama, Auburn, Florida etc. play tougher schedules everyone knows that and no one here is trying to argue that. People that are upset that BSU and TCU are ranked so high should be upset with the people that do the rankings not the schools themselves. Those people believe the teams they vote for deserve the rankings they get. When they rank your schools high it's deserved but when they rank Boise high it's a joke right?

11. bama

bama Humpback Whale

yes. Boise and TCU do not deserve to be at the top.. I would rather see Texas Tech ranked for their schedule alone.

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Everyone feels that their school should be ranked higher than they are and that other schools' rankings are a joke. I agree with the statement on the voters. Polls are totally subjective. The playoff system would end the argument for the national champion also. The problems are the bowls themselves and their histories. The NCAA has nothing to do with the teams that go to bowls. I think the real question is how to get the bowls on board and keep all the schools happy on the $$$ also.