2 for 1 - pics

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by New2Salt, Oct 13, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

No, I really don't think it was spaghetti worms. I've had them before and they use their antennae to search out food, this other thing used them kinda like conveyor belts. you'd see one piece of sand, at a time, slithering up the clear string, which they would attach from the edge of the sand to a rock some inch to an inch and a half away... wish I had pics...They went a way a long time ago:( pretty cool to watch. I thought I had one the other day, but I haven't seen it since(the string, you never see the critter)

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I think you are talking about Spionid Worms.

4. New2Salt

New2Salt Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Dude, if that is worm poop, I might hve a waste problem. My ammonia/trites are at zero and my trates are between 12-15, so Im not seeing anything there. Would these worm pilings jack up my phosphates??? My phates are almost down to zero, but before the PhosGard, they were at like 8! Could the worms be doing it?

I thought most worm species thrived in tanks that are overfed.

DO you think feeding 1) a pinch of Formula A 3x a week 2) 5 drops of PytoFeast in the filter 3x a week 3) some Pods 2x a week 4) and a little shrimp nugget 1x a week is too much? It's a 14 gallon BioCube. 3 gallon water changes per week with RO/DI, 1clown, 1pseudo, a 1/2" engineer goby, coral banded, 4 corals, 8 hermits, 8 snails?? I figured I was feeding it just right. Today, the fish were folowing me every time I went by!!

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

way too much!

most worms eat excess food and detritus(poop/rotting food). Overfeeding would explain why you have so many of them. Do you have algae problems as well?

my fish are lucky to get fed 3 times a week. In the wild, they eat when there is food, wether it be everyday or once a week. It would hurt to not feed your fish for few days for when you take short trips etc.

6. MILLERTIME

MILLERTIME Feather Duster

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I'm thinking yes. it just might be poo.....or maybe stuff they are cleaning off then dropping....

8. Click Here!

9. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I have alot in my tank 2. Not harmful though>>>> Worms that is not poop...lmao