2 fish in a nano?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by 1.0reef, Mar 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Hmm,
    I had a mandarin in my 55 for 6 months after adding it at the 5 month mark it lived for 9 months before being killed after an aquascaping incident caused by my dad.

2. Click Here!

3. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

i might change my stocking plans ... and no more arguing please!

4. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

im sorry but this is what you get for having a 6 gallon. 1 TINY fish, most of us have took it easy with you. a few imes i relly just wanted to tell you that simply no. no fish should be in that tank. you have evething you need for a 20 gallon just buy the tank. you not going to last very long in this hobby if your first tank is a 5 gallon. imo i would consider a snail in that tank being over crowed lol.

5. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

I agree with con999...You seem to have done a lot of research, but if you already are planning for a 6 gallon tank with a 5 fuge why not just get at least a 12 gallon. It will be twice as easy! A 6 gallon will actually be extemely difficult to keep, but it can be done. It is your choice :)
    Just my 2 cents

6. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

hey i have NO money and we can't afford a 20 gallon tank! how many mother ****ing times do I have to say that!:angry:

7. tattooedsoul87

tattooedsoul87 Coral Banded Shrimp

if you cant afford a 20 gallon from craigslist or something how are you planning on getting a mantis shrimp, 5 gallon fuge and a goby. i have a 36 gallon bowfront tank with filters just sitting in my closet that i would be more then happy to donate to you if you would stop being rude and not critisize other peoples advice who are trying to help you

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The thing I really really like about this family forum is that it is family friendly. Despite your effort to disguise the profanity it is still clearly inappropriate. No one is perfect and things get heated but please respect other members and rules of the forum by not using or trying sneak in words that some my find offensive.

Cheryl

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

sorry about that i wasn't in a good mood yesterday since the basket ball game lol ;D
    ... and i would like to have your tank but i wouldn't feel to good about that ...
    :-/

11. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

i litterly have 3 20 gallons here. i have tons of heaters tons of HOB filters from other past tanks. just pay shipping and i would try and dig some stuff out and see what i find. but shipping would be a lot.

but just so you know livestock alone on the tank you want witch should never happen will be twice the cost of setting up a 20. the you add all the mods you want to do. it probaly going to cost you atleast 5 or 6 times more then doing a 20.

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Seriously? And you say you're only 10 years old? Regardless of your age, stop trying to trick the profanity censor. It's there for a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.