2 dead 1 breathing heavy now :(

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Toallhisdoom, Aug 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

i am leaning more toward stray voltage since not all fish were affected and now that the possible causes have been removed the tang is trying to recover......either that or did you get any powerheads or other equipment used? maybe you might have transferred some kind of disease over like velvet or something?

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Well the stress coat i added made a nice mess. Skimmer is overflowing like crazy lol but! The tang made it through the night! She is swimming in circles in my sump but no longer lating on the sand bed! And it looks like her breathing is starting to slow down! :)_

1 person likes this.
  4. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

Glad to hear it mate!

5. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

Thats fantastic news! I would hug you if I didn't live approximately 24 hours away by plane.

I hope your tang makes it in the long run!.

I hope the tang keeps doing well. I think that confirms the leaking voltage of the power heads. What brand were those, just for reference?

Set about stabilizing your tank, ensure your remaining fish are back to good health and start rebuilding.

Go slow :) All the 3reefers are here for you.

6. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Yeah, that's why i mentioned somewhere in all reality i doubted it was the salt mix. All the more reason for him to setup a qt with a nice new batch of the stuff. That way he can get something new into quarantine.

Good deal! That's exciting news man. I'd throw those PHs into your qt (Before adding an inhabitant) and test for that voltage with a good reliable meter. Technically we're still not sure what caused this and a definitive answer I'm sure would set your mind at ease. Just out of curiosity are you using GFCI on your outlets?

7. Toallhisdoom

See my electrical is probably setup unsafe. I have 2a powerstrips with everything on my tank pluged into them. And both power strips are gfci yes.

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Just following up, on your other thread you said you tested ammonia and it was 2.0. You also said your new PH was on the sand bed, stirring it up. Without even considering stray voltage or changing salts, I think this would be enough to cause serious trouble in the tank. Combine all 4 together, and your tank parameters basically completed changed in a very short amount of time. Hopefully the worst is over and things will turn around for you!

10. Toallhisdoom

it was a faulty reading on the ammonia, i retested multiple times minutes after getting the 2.0 reading, then had lfs test and it was acurate with my second reading of 0-.25.

yea i am thinking, day 1:sand storm, day 2:new salt, day 3: 2 1050 koralia evos.

not to mention all the times my hands were in the tank in the past few days.

doing another 5 gal water change now.

tang is still on the edge. But she is in the sump, very easy current and tons of algae for her to eat. She seems super stressed, i reached in to unplug my skimmer and she went right to the sand bed and stared breathing heavy again. 5 mins later she was up swimming in circles again. so my fingers are crossed and hopefully my prayers for her will help because at this point that is the only thing i really can do. :/

11. Toallhisdoom

12. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Very good.I have one of these.;)