2 Clown Fishes dead over 36 hours and 1 more acting weird! PLZ HELPP :(((

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by amir021, Apr 21, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BioNemo

BioNemo Astrea Snail

I have found that a turkey baster works great for this method. It is easy to get into the bag and less of a mess spilling water then with a cup. I add one squeeze and remove one for an hour. I add it slightly above the water to add some air with it.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

To many fish added at once creates new tank syndrome. Also, don't ever just float your bag and release the fish. Floating the bag will get it up to temp but you have to get the fish acclimated to your ph and salinity. Easy to do and will ease stress for the fish. Again, don't ever just float the bag no matter what anybody says.

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Excellent advice! I have an acclimation box which uses the drip method, otherwise this would be the way to go.

+7

5. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

I have added weak and sick fish to a healthy environment that even had Ich and they recovered just fine, these are the 2 clowns I still have now. Got them from etco, need I say more. only store within 70 miles to sale salt anything. I believe a healthy environment would recover most ill fish and I also don't think the acclimation killed them either. It was combination of ill fish and to many fish to soon. Did you add anything to your tank before adding fish? Not that a believe in adding chemicals, but sometimes they do help for things like that.

6. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

Do an immediate water change..30%

7. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

Check your salinity using a refractometer, i had a faulty hydrometer, and i cudnt add any fishes as they died within a day or 2.... invest in refractometer. drip acclimate fishes or if you cant drip acclimate, what i do is i first temp. acclimate them, then keep adding and removing water every 10 to 15 mints, then add the fish to the tank.

8. Click Here!

9. minh0720

minh0720 Astrea Snail

Try to identify the disease if possible -> find cure -> massive water change 30% every 2 days

10. Vizzle1717

Vizzle1717 Coral Banded Shrimp

I was going to highlight and then add to this...

but it is perfect lol IMO. 8 fish plus more livestock in a new tank...shows that LFS are all about the money (well most)

JUST take them all back ASAP and get back to owning and maintaining a reef in a more responsible and less immediate manner my friend !!