1st Water Change

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by SP5689, May 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SP5689

SP5689 Banned

well the yellow tang has just die...so upset. i will monitor the others and leave it alone for a while. thanks for everyone's input

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. dirtydavenkc

dirtydavenkc Purple Spiny Lobster

know its hard to hear or how much of this your takin in but alot of us have made some of the same decisions you have. look at it this way, probably wont have to learn this lesson again.

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

sorry for your loss

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

sorry to hear it....take it(the dead one) and everything else except the clown back to the store. Get the other skimmer and a refractometer, but get your livestock elsewhere if you can.

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Amen on that. Hope you have deep pockets.

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Hey man.....sorry about things. I know we all kind of jumped all over the situation. I feel like, in my post, I may have come off too harshly. Didn't mean to. I have made alllllll the mistakes there are to make and overstocking was just one of the many. And I am sure there are many just around the corner for me.

So just move forward from here, get a handle on this sitation and on we go!!!! You should have seen what I tried to stuff in a 29g tank in the mid-90's. A large yellow-tang, a moon wrasse, a large maroon clown plus three or four damsels. All sorts of inverts. Things were dying right and left. But in addition to my lack of knowledge, I had a salesperson that looooooved to see me. Sold me everything. Twice.

So I hope that this did not deter you from asking questions. Seriously, we were just reacting to the situation, not you.

Later gator.......John.

8. Click Here!

9. Phayes

Phayes Aiptasia Anemone

Should never do a water change if you don't know the salinity of both your existing tank water, and the water you are adding it to it.

Btw, if you just added your yellow tang yesterday, and you did a water change right after, you likely stressed it too badly right off the bat. Do some more reading about proper acclimation techniques and read up on how to properly do a water change in a saltwater environment.

10. SP5689

SP5689 Banned

guys, thanks again for all your help and input. the angel fish also has died but the naso, maroon clown and dogface seem to be okay. i will bring back the skimmer and just get one of those sumps with skimmer and filter all in one...would that be best not sure of the name of it though.

11. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

im still wondering what your SG was? sorry for your losses

12. alovely

alovely Astrea Snail

sorry for your loss... it sucks i believe we all have gone through a similar situation where our fish seem to die left and right... I remember I had just bought a yellow tang I should've QT it because it brought ick into my tank though time to get out and killed 2 fish the yellow tang and flame angel and ick on all fish. I highly suggest getting a QT tank will save you a lot of money in the future