1st Quarter HS report card

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

Being a 8th grade middle school teacher I feel compelled to reply to this thread. I can understand why this teacher didn't tell you about the diagram. Honestly, I don't tell my students everything that is on exams. It's not that I want to put extra stress on them, I just want them to show me what they have learned, not what they have studied the night before. If you had already covered hydrolysis or whatever the diagram was about then I see no problems with it being on the quiz. Also, I think it was fair that she made you draw the diagram and label the diagram. It is vital that young students learn how to communicate properly through written form, whether that be words, numbers, or pictures. With the introduction of text messaging I feel there has been a steady decline of solid written communication from students. It seems students can't differentiate between sending a text to their friends and turning in an essay. I have recieved plenty of papers that have been turned in to me using text messaging format. It drives me crazy.

However, I do see a problem with her telling you it was a quiz worth 10pts and changing it to a test worth 100pts. I know I would study more for a 100 point test then I would study for a 10pt quiz. I would expect my students to most likely do the same.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm

I wish i had done more of my stupid things in high school than in college... Both of my parents are cops so as you can imagine it was pretty hard for me to do any sneaking around growing up in a town of less than 2000 people... Then when i got to college and was left alone with no supervision with my best friend from back home as my room mate... Bad things happened ha ha. This is my 5th year at school and i can still see the detrimental effects on my current GPA. Advice i give to everyone is sooner or later your gonna have to get that out of your system, might as well do it when it doesn't really matter that much! Thats my opinion at least... :p

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well it's not that it really mattered; you'd think that if I got that question wrong out of 15 I'd be ok, right? Well she counted that question for 1/3 of the points, like I said, and it wasn't even that important. We just did it once in class and that was it. And she said it was a MICROSCOPE- repeat- MICROSCOPE quiz, so who would've expected to draw a diagram? As a matter of fact I almost had it right; I just had to combine 2 elements and then add H2O, but the blah! I screwed up. Well I really hate that... Speaking of which I just realized my bucket is finally filled with RO water; be right back XD

5. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

I just graduated college in 08 and I wish I would have stayed for five years. Every day I wish I was in college. Plenty of fun and a lot of dumb things. Although I am german and from a german community so I also had a lot of fun in high school as underage drinking was more of an afterthought in my community.

6. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm

I wish it was that way here too... I think more ppl could avoid that period of stupidity that most of us go through. I was in germany for about 3 weeks this summer for a study abroad trip through my school. Poland, Germany, and Iceland. Was an awesome trip. I love Germany, reminds me alot of Wisconsin. Maybe thats why so many German immigrants settled here... lol

7. Kovu

Kovu Fire Worm

Its not that bad I got a coulple of A's and B's in classes, but its okay in my opinion junior year is usually the hardest and I am feeling it everyday.

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah im thinking of staying at college even after 4 years, to get my phd and to just have fun and learn what i wanna do when i grow up, which believe it or not is marine bio lol

10. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

cool. i'm staying in school till im 30. Becoming a Dr.

11. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm

Im graduating this spring... However, if i cannot find a full time job by the fall i may come back to school and either add a Forest Administration Major in addition to my Forest Management Major or a Geographic Administration minor. Gotta start paying student loans back after 6 months so i might as well go back to school and avoid them if i cant find a job right away!

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

cool. well I'm also thinking about journalism but marine bio is my main one right now ;D