1st post (yippie), problem w/clown

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by unknown, Dec 2, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. unknown

unknown Plankton

Yes, unknown is my preferred nomenclature since no one really knows me (at least on these forums).

The air pocket theory is very interesting, I recently added a sea-clone skimmer and for the 1st week or 2 it was pumping micro-bubbles into the tank like mad. Since then it has broken in and has very few bubbles that escape into the tank. Has me wondering if it is trauma or maybe just air like you suggested.

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Just to relate similar event recently..

I woke up other morning to find my b. tang with a foggy "bubble" formed over one eye which sent me frantically searching internet for possible problems. Dreaded thought of "disease" was first thougt -- seems to be greatest fear I have as a new tank owner.

All other fish OK.

After reading all else about "pop-eye" etc. decided to wait couple of days and see what happened.

Sure enough problem disappeared after two days.

Most likely "trauma" gotten thru her constant "sparring" matches with "arrow crab" - all other fish in tank tend to ignor crab, but the tang takes great "offense" when he tries to wave her off when she gets too close, and tries to give him a nip. Expect eye injury occured during one of these tussles.

Anyway, waiting couple of days was good advice.

Rgds,

OmarD

Tang & Crab (in background)

[​IMG]

4. unknown

unknown Plankton

Alas, everyone can stop holding their breath.. The eye has returned to normal size and I have no doubt that it was due to either the air bubble theory or a minor scratch. I'm just glad my little guy is back to the 'norm' (whatever that maybe).

8)

5. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Congrats on the recovery oh mysterious one! lol Glad The wiat paid off I hate just throwing stuff at something because it can make actually fixing the problem harder Good Luck and lets hera more as the tank grows

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Nice to hear thats all over.