193 gallon plywood build thread

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by horkn, Jun 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CoralCrazy

CoralCrazy Spaghetti Worm

Awesome tank! Congrats on a job well done! ;D

2. Click Here!

3. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

K+++++, Sweeeeeet Pics.

How do you think you are in total completion of your tank? I know thats a trick question ;)

What other things do you plan on doing with your tank soon? I know you mentioned a frag tank.

Awesome thread in "I made this!"

4. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Great job with those new reflectors. I'm sure your pleased.

1 person likes this.
  5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Thanks for the K+. That makes me feel a little better after I realized that my t5ho ballast for my 5 footer t5s was not in the box that ups delivered. the end of the tube was compromised, , as in not there, so the ballast is probably somewhere between here and Michigan on a UPS truck or their facility. The package came after I had left for the weekend, and upon inspection tonight, the box/ tube was open, with the ballast not in there. Everything else made it though.

How close am I to being done? LOL I don't think us reefers are really truly ever done. but I need to trim off the front, drywall the lower, to cover the stand, add a frag tank, and re aquascape a little. Then I can think about my future really big tank upstairs.;)

I still need to catch my maroon clown, so I can get my copperband B fly, the lubbock's wrasse and the new ocellaris clown out of the sump, and in the tank.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I got lucky and caught the maroon clown this evening at feeding time. It was even drama free.

I caught all the fish in my sump, and put them in the DT, and put the mean maroon in the sump.

I know I can kiss all of my featherdusters goodbye now that i put the copperbanded butterfly in the DT. Within like 2 minutes of it being in the DT, it was eating featherdusters. oh well, I like featherdusters, but i had a ton of them. I do hate aiptasia more than I like featherdusters, so that will be well worth it.

7. tatted4ever

hawain feather dusters or cocoa worms??? or the hitch hiking feather duesters.?

Copperband is one cool fish. Hope the best of luck.

What kinda diet you plan on feeding it? as well as satisfying other diet needs.

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

No cocoa or Hawaiians, just hitchhikers. Most are the tiny ones, but some are over an inch wide when extended.

I have had this fish in my sump for weeks now, and it eats rods reef and mysis, as well as aiptasia. If it did well in the sump, it will do great in the DT.

A friend has a CB B in his 120g reef, and it eats like a pig. Mine seems to eat just as well.

10. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

gorgeous build! i love DIY things...

11. tatted4ever

Hows the copperband doing? Im sure it has devoured all of your aiptasia by now.

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Um, yeah, it took him a while to "discover" the aiptasia in the DT, but in the last week or so, it found it all, and ate it all as far as I can tell. I did not have a ton of it, but I had enough that nuking it was tough, especially some in tricky spots.

It is picky at feeding time, but it does eat some frozen food. I feed the PE mysis with rods reef and enriched brine. I hear that some folks think the PE mysis is a little big for CB B's to eat, but I have seen mine eating it.

The butterfly always looks nice and healthy, so far at least. I will probably buy some hikari or other smaller mysis to see how that works. I think a smaller mysis will be easier to feed my acans at bare minimum.