16k lighting for AI Prime?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Hoopastank, Aug 2, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hoopastank

Hoopastank Spaghetti Worm

Hi Guys,

A long story short i was at my brother in law house staring at his tank. All his corals pop with color he has Keisel lights that are set to 16K. I looked up the configuration for my AI Prime and set it to the same parameters that would make it 16K. The zoas have a nice glow and the clowns look really good. I just wondering of people's opinion on this 16K configuration with the AI Prime. Here is a photo with the Lighting set, it does not reflect the actual lighting i am using an iPhone to take the picture....:confused: so its not the best:

The parameters are set to:

Red.........................21
    UV..........................30
    Very Deep Blue......60
    Violet.......................60
    Cool White..............21
    Green......................21
    Blue.........................60

Thanks!

16k.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I love a 16K look. It's cool how you can change the spectrum to change temperature. I'm stuck changing bulbs lol.

4. Hoopastank

It's nice! I just want something to help the corals grow good! My levels are are good as of today too. Ammonia 0 pH 8.9 nitrite 0 and nitrate 0. Clowns are ding well and getting along. Now it's just keeping it maintained. Lol

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Bluer light will actually make them grow slower as opposed to more yellow light (lower temperature) good mix of color and growth would be 10-12K

6. Hoopastank

Ok sweet thanks!