150g LED suggestions

Discussion in 'RapidLED' started by Josh116, Sep 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Dustin, your tank is 4' long by how many feet deep (front to back)?

2. Click Here!

3. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

My tank is the same size as Josh116 48"Long x 24"deep x 31" tall. Thats why I was following along. I just ordered the 4 LED moonlight kit off of you on Sunday. I had been kicking around the idea of doing LED's before, but when I had to take down my aquarium because of a flood I thought what better time to do it. My current set is MH/VHO's, what do you thing I would need if I just did blues for the actinic portion and left the MH for the white lighting, not sure if I want to go all LED or MH/LED. I don't want to highjack Josh116's thread, you can just drop me a PM so not to detract from this thread.

Thanks,
    Dustin

4. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

Will one controller dim all of the lights on system you listed for Josh116 or would each driver need a seperate controller? Not sure how the controller works.

Thanks,
    Dustin

5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

A single controller is fine; it will handle multiple drivers.

6. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Dustin, 72 wouldn't be overkill on your tank. You could probably get away with less but if you plan on dimming anyways then it's not a bad idea.

And like evolved said, one controller will be fine. It can control up to 9 drivers (at least).

7. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

Thanks for the information