150 watts

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by billrwilson, Sep 27, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billrwilson

billrwilson Fire Worm

i want to keep mostly what i have now soft and easy corals polyps, shrooms, i do want to get an open brain coral. i dont think i trust myself yet with acros or things like that. the halide light that i can get for 209 is a coralife canister type pendant 150 watt. and remember i can only aford 1 right now maybe in the future i could buy another. the pc fixture is a satalite system.

2. Click Here!

3. billrwilson

billrwilson Fire Worm

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  4. billrwilson

billrwilson Fire Worm

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

A year or two ago I saw a 75 with just a 150w halide on it and everyone was blown away because it was a helluva softie tank with the biggest freakin' toad stool leather coral I have ever seen. WIth everyone so watts heavy these days people were pretty shocked out to see that.

But it wasn't a pendant. You'd be really be pushing it with that because the light wouldn't be very diffused as it would be with a horizontally mounted bulb and reflector.

I wouldn't go that route.

6. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

not to get off the track but, I have a current pc. and, well, how do I say this? its.. its . oh yea, the #@$!*&% noisiest thing I have ever heard,It competes With my surround system witch is several thousand watts