150 gallon tank crash!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by GAZBO, Jul 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GAZBO

GAZBO Fire Shrimp

The reason I adjusted it a little is because the temp will spike at 80 if the AC to the house is off and the lights are on I dont want to much swing so I only adjusted it a little to get it about 79 there for it only will swing one degree.

I do agree I need to test my fresh salt mix so I know exactly whats it at and I will do that today when I get home work I just crossing my fingers that it is just a mag. issue not something else and everything looks better when I get home.

2. Click Here!

3. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

do you run carbon? If not, i would run carbon for a little while just to be sure that something wasn't accidentally introduced or something in the tank didn't introduce a chemical that is bothering everyone.

4. GAZBO

GAZBO Fire Shrimp

yes I run carbon and just changed it about 2 weeks ago

Things are looking better today anemones are looking back to normal clowns will like that there beds where pretty small last night about half of the zoa's and polyps are out misc. mushrooms are looking good.

Leathers are still looking bad the cabbage leather hasn't changed but the finger and toadstool are a tiny bit better. Think the birds nest is a goner but the other SPS might have some parts that will bounce back

I will do another water change tonight and change out carbon. I still don't understand what did it, I didnt even add the total recomeneded dose for total water volume on the mag. other than I should not even added any at all since it was high would just high amounts cause this? lesson learn double check before you add anything thought it was getting a good routine but guess not.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Good, very happy to see some improvement.

Yeah you got to test, or else is will come back to bite you, take it from someone that has been bitten more than once.

6. GAZBO

GAZBO Fire Shrimp

Just an update things are still recoverying slowly more zoa's and polyps are out my green star's are steel closed and yellow star polyp tenticles are small or close but cabbage leather looks good devil's hand and toadstool still hasn't any polyp extentions yet but doesn't look dead I know leather's can take a long time to be back to norm. I think everthing else is back or close to.
    MY main return pump is fubar decided to stop working 2 night ago temped in smaller one until replacement one arrives but at least things are looking better just been a bad week all around.