135 gallon opinions ???

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by chris adams, Nov 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

If you really have your heart set on it, tell him that you've done some research and your willing to give him $900 b/c your gonna have to up-grade every piece of equipment. Luna

2. Click Here!

3. jeremy_a

jeremy_a Feather Duster

I wish that I could work more overtime...:cry:

4. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Otty;

I am in in florida near FT Myers. It took me long enough to break down my wife about getting a 135. I think I would be divorced or waiting a few years before she would allow over that. Maybe I could sneek in a 150.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving

CA

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Same to you buddy. Wait until ur wife sits infront of the tank, sits back and relaxes and see all the new stuff that you didnt buy, but showed up anyways. My wife sometimes *****es about the tank, but she has to admit that it looks awesome and that its really relaxing. You should see her when we have company over and they drool over it and start complementing the tank, she starts to take credit for it, like if shes the one that busts her azz making it look like it does. The nerve of her! Luna

6. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

The 135 gal 72x18x24 is a good size tank but a 72x24x24 180 gal is superior big time if your going with a reef. Think about all the work your going to put in it. You want to be able to say to yourself that you made a good decision. After all, you have to live with yourself. If the depth is a problem than the 135 gal is a good tank. I had a 72x18x30 150 gal and that height was just too much sometimes. Stay with 24" height for a good combo of viewing and workability. I opted for a 48x24x24 120 gal because my wall is 5" 6" long. If I had 6 more inches of wall it was going to be a 180 gal. Depth is a great thing to have with a reef as it gives you room to clean the glass and show rocks properly. Keep looking!

Attached Files:

7. frank007

frank007 Plankton

155 bow front

i need to buy a 155 bow front

8. Click Here!

9. mnm

mnm Astrea Snail

Metal Halide lights, live rock and a chiller would have been the difference to pay the price I think.