Curing Rock! Quick update guys... Was pretty cold this weekend... got 8 inches of snow and it's going to drop to 5 degrees tonight. Didn't spend a lot of time in the garage as a result but did finally get my rocks wet! So first, just because I couldn't wait anylonger, I decided to throw all my rock on a table and do a test aquascape. Again, this is 100lbs of dry rock from ReefRocks.net. It looks great! I'll also be getting 50lbs of live rock from either Live Rock | Florida Saltwater Live Rock - LiveRocknReef.com or Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock. I haven't made up my mind yet. So here was my initial thought of the dry rock layout I want. This layout is about 16 inches high, 44 inches long and 20 inches deep. When I set it up for real, I'll probably try to make it closer to 40 inches long and a bit higher. I know I won't be able to duplicate this again but I just wanted a general idea of what 100lbs of rock would look like. My general concept was going to be three "columns" connected by arches with the right column higher than the center which is higher than the left. That's not how this turned out so I'll try to steal some height from the left side and add it to the right when setting it up for real. Here was the first dry run from a few angles. Then, we just took them down and placed them into a 54g Rubbermade Roghneck tub with two powerheads and a 250w heater set for 81 degrees. I'll let this soak for a couple days then test phosphates. I tested the pure saltwater and it didn't register any phospates at all. If I see rising phosphates leaching from the rock after a couple days, I'll start dosing the SeaKlear phosphate remover. I'll also add a couple of frozen shrimp as well to get the nitrogen cycle kicked off. So, next step is to set up the quarantine tank and buy the actual display tank and get some exact measurements so I can order my glass and acrylic. I probably won't be able to pick up the DT until Saturday. Getting excited now!