10g coral frag tank in a rush

Discussion in 'Coral' started by loneracer05, Jul 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

Well my project 210 is comming along slower then expected and my hood isn't even close to being done(good ol dad is dragging his feet lol).well I have my shipment of goodies comming from a friend and I need to finish up rock work.problem is the remaining 80ish lbs is in my 55reef.so mmy plan is to set up a 10g(if the coorals will fit) if not ill go buy a 20l at petco. I have a power compact imm hoping will cut it. My coral are under t5ho lighting now but they are deeper.I have sps and soofties.this is only a band-aid for a week of 2 till I finish up my halide/hood set up.any comments/suggestion?

All the rock in the 210 is well established so it can hangle the bioload that is going to be bestowed on it :).and in the unlikely event I do have a minicycle I have pime on hand as well as the ability to change 50ish gallons in about 10min I can do this 2-3times a day if need be but I don't expect it

2. Click Here!

3. loneracer05

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Sounds like a plan if only for corals.

I would tend to do a water change over using prime if you have only corals, just a thought.

5. loneracer05

Well all the fish that are in the 55 will be transplanted into to ndw 210 there may be a mini cycle there but I doubt it.I have about 300-400lbs of very well cured lr already and ill be adding 80ish from the 55 that is very well established.

My only concern is my little rbta.I took on this guy before I decided to upgrade he is recovering now for his experience in a 29 biocube that was 3weeks old he shrunk down tto almost nothing he's about nickle sized now.